Hi there everyone,
atm i'm trying to decide whether i should buy an ESP LTD D-4 or an Ibanez SRX360 and wondered if you guys could help?
I play metal & hardcore so i'll be down tuning to dropped C and playing like this - http://soundcloud.com/vita-mors (thats my band)
So anyone know what i would be best to buy?
thanks
They're pretty close to each other. The LTD is neck-through, which is nice... but the Ibby has binding, which i'm a sucker for...

Buuuut... the LTD will have a few more EQ options and it's string-through... buuuuuuuut the Ibby neck is one of the best playing necks out there....

Just play them and decide for yourself?

If it were me, i'd pick the LTD, but just barely.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Hmm...I don't really like ESP but then I don't really like the SRX Ibanezes either. Can't you get a used SR500?
the neck-through is the main reason i would stay well clear of the LTD, i just don't see the point in them. (plus to me neck-through seems to suck out tone, and the extra sustain isn't worth it).

i would go for the srx, or possibly an sr300 or used sr500. but try them out first, some people really hate their necks.
My Setup:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass,
Fender USA Jazz Bass
Hartke LH1000,
Hartke Hydrive 410,
Sansamp BDDI,
Electro-harmonix Black Finger Compressor.
I love SRX basses, so naturally i'd recommend that, but most people would agree for you to try them both out first and decide.
pinga
Quote by jackers1234
the neck-through is the main reason i would stay well clear of the LTD, i just don't see the point in them. (plus to me neck-through seems to suck out tone, and the extra sustain isn't worth it).

i would go for the srx, or possibly an sr300 or used sr500. but try them out first, some people really hate their necks.

Interesting observation, but it's yours.

I would suggest the LTD because of it's neck-thru design. Just my thought.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
SRX - Chunky neck, chunky body, chunky tone. Great for metal and just about anything. All im saying.
pinga