I've been looking for a new guitar for months now, and I cannot seem to make up my mind. I need some help finding the guitar for me. I am a fan of PRS guitars and Ibanez. So:

I play at home, may use for a gig one day, maybe even in a church band. I also play along with friends.

I Post-Hardcore(Saosin, Pierce The Veil) and my own Indie style.

Budget: $500-600

I am in the US.

Specs:

I'd prefer something with 22 frets

I do not like trems, because I constantly change tunings.

I'm wondering if an HSS strat would be a good idea? I've never really been a fan of strats, they play well, it's just cosmetically, I'm just iffy about it. But if it's a good idea...
Last edited by ExhaledFate at Apr 6, 2011,
an SA series Ibanez or a HSS strat are honestly your best bet tbh
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
I second the HSS Strat.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
+1 Made in Mexico (MIM) Fat Strat. The quality is hit and miss so goto the store and try some out before you buy...
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Second hand MIA Fender Deluxe HSS.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I know firsthand that Justin from Saosin uses Gibsons, Suhr (which is too expensive probably) Strats, Ibanez (PGM, JEM), if that helps any.
Quote by Darkflame
blacktop strat/tele/jag ?

This; same price as a MIM fat strat except the pickups are better suited for heavy music. If you go for the blacktop series you at least aren't guaranteed to want a pickup swap right off the bat.