Search bar'd. Nothing.

ALERT: POSSIBLE SPOILERS

So I just watched 1984 with John Hurt (I know, I know. I should have read it first, but I bought the book today, ok?) What a miserable story! It left me feeling absolute despair for Winston Smith, and for the people of Oceania in general.

So what films or books affect you this way, Pit? It doesnt have to make you miserable, just tell us about any books or films that evoke a big emotional response from you.
In The Skin of a Lion - Michael Ondaajte uses emotive lyrical language to convey key concepts and motifs, such and the workers or the insects.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Across The Universe
Pan's Labyrinth
Dead Poet Society

Pretty much all my favourite movies, I'm a bit of a sucker for melancholic movies.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Wristcutters: A Love Story
The Truman Show

Two of my favourites.

I could never get into The Truman Show. It seemed silly to me, and I couldn't handle Jim Carrey in a serious role, but the last time I tried to watch it I was pretty much a kid. Probably time to give it another go.
Quote by ICOG
Across The Universe
Pan's Labyrinth
Dead Poet Society

Pretty much all my favourite movies, I'm a bit of a sucker for melancholic movies.

Brilliant movie.

Also thanks for reminding me about Dead poet society... Haven't seen that in ages. Must hire out.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by MakinLattes
the plight of the Dragon Reborn. he just gets more fucked up as time progresses.

Yeah I'm up to book 8 for the second time. I bought The Gathering Storm when it came out, but it had been too long since I read that previous books so I said "**** it" and started again. Now the next one is out and I still havent read the Gathering storm

Gotta say though, for sad fantasy nothing gets me like Lord of the Rings STILL does.
Just wait until you wake up from nightmares about 1984. Dreaming that your entire life has been a lie and that your family, friends and loved ones have all betrayed you and one day the Party storms in and beats you and tortures you and you being told your friends betrayed you.

Yeah, that's what I had after that book a few times.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Just wait until you wake up from nightmares about 1984. Dreaming that your entire life has been a lie and that your family, friends and loved ones have all betrayed you and one day the Party storms in and beats you and tortures you and you being told your friends betrayed you.

Yeah, that's what I had after that book a few times.

A sad stack for you my friend

Quote by guy_tebache
A sad stack for you my friend

It's quite alrite. It's just a rather nasty dream but an amazingly good book.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Julz127
In The Skin of a Lion - Michael Ondaajte uses emotive lyrical language to convey key concepts and motifs, such and the workers or the insects.

Holy crap! I reading Running with the Family in my English class right now!

OT:
Brave New World

Because of the sad ending and the realization that our society is heading that way.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Apr 6, 2011,
^Brave New World is one I have read, and while I would agree that its sad, you dont get the same personal sadness that you get from 1984. In Brave New World the Protagonist isnt personally harmed at the end.
Quote by guy_tebache
I could never get into The Truman Show. It seemed silly to me, and I couldn't handle Jim Carrey in a serious role, but the last time I tried to watch it I was pretty much a kid. Probably time to give it another go.

I like Jim Carrey's serious roles.

I've only watched two of his serious roles, though.