just broke my left wrist and ill be in cast for between 6 to 8 weeks. already missin playin
anyone any tips on what i can do in that time to stop the little ability i have from disappearing? im thinkin of learnin some theory, seems to be the only thing i can think of doing!
thanks
what you need is a new amp
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
Play some Meshuggah, as long as you can pick you should be able to play the vast majority of their material. It'll be good rhythmic practice too. Theory's also a good choice.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Concentrate on theory?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Try tuning to an open tuning, getting a slide (I've never broken my wrist but can you still move the arm about?) and learning slide
Memorize all the notes on the fretboard to the point where you just know what note you are on and dont have to figure it out.

Also, I played while I was in a cast. Just make sure it doesn't hurt when you do it. You should be fine. What do doctors know anyway?
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
WORK ON YOUR PICKING!

I totally ****ed up my hand a year or so ago and I just worked on cleaning up my picking.
You will thank yourself when you can use both hands again.
Right hand tapping, Chris Broderick style
Gibson Faded Cherry Flying V
Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal
Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes Real Tube Distortion pedal
Yep, broke my arm a few years back and was in a cast up to my elbow. Did everything, theory, pick cleanup, tapping, but I also built up strength in my broken arm with one of those squeezy things. As long as your wrist isn't hurting you should be good.
Originally Posted by Bovaiveu:

This is my guitar. There are not many like it, and this one is mine. My guitar is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. Me without my guitar, is useless. Need I say more?
Broke my wrist too, a few summers ago. Fortunately, I also have a keyboard so I focused on learning some theory there, applying it to guitar once my wrist healed up.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
I broke my right wrist last year, so I just muted all my strings with a sock and hammered/pulled everything. If it had been my left wrist I probably would have just focused on picking.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
what you need is a new amp

inb4 everyone else, well played

I'm really sorry for you, dude maybe you should concentrate more on music ''theory'' like writing music and listening to music,
as well as going over all the moves in your head
Learn to play left-handed!
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
ya play left handed and pick with your teeth like jimi hendrick! Ladies find this very attractive.

Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
this is the internet, it's not like someone can track me down and tell my mother that I have a sexual attraction torwards her.

e-married to Andrea55
e-brother of dhruvrajvanshi
Grab a tab editor and get your writing on

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

That really sucks man. Start playing piano and learn some theory because you might not be able the play guitar again.
i broke my arm and just spent a month playing slide as my fingers were stuck in the cast
Last edited by digman50 at Apr 6, 2011,
This could be a blessing in disguise. You could be like Duane Allman by the time you're healed up.