I don't usually post in this section since I'm a guitarist but upon finding this little beauty at the local pawn shop, I had to snatch it up.

Appears to be a lawsuit era, EB-3 clone. Plays great, the pickups sound phenomenal. Its a bolt on, but I can't complain for the price. Would love to hear some feedback and maybe a little more info on the model if anyone knows. Thanks for looking!

SLAP energy drinks ftw.
That's probably the only SG style bass I would pay money for. Nice find!
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Thanks! I wound up trading some camera gear for my friends used Rumble 100 so I've actually got something to play it through. Not the best amp but it'll do the job. Really didn't want to drop cash on a bass amp since I don't usually play.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by Spaz91
WOAH WOAH WOAH

STOP

What do the switches do!?

Pickup selectors. Both can be on at the same time and the individual volume and tone controls can blend them.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by Spaz91
WOAH WOAH WOAH

STOP

What do the switches do!?

Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
So instead of the chicken switch it has light switches?!

It does actually look great though, and I'm not a fan of the SG shape. I know I should probably be able to tell from the pictures, but is it a short scale like the EB-3?
The EB-3 of course had a horrendously muddy sound, what's this sound like?
REGGIE
Last edited by LeakyFlask at Apr 6, 2011,
Quote by LeakyFlask
So instead of the chicken switch it has light switches?!

The EB-3 of course had a horrendously muddy sound, what's this sound like?

They're more of a toggle switch, but yeah, I believe they're serving the same function as the rotary knob of the EB-3.

Sound wise, the neck pickup is definitely muddy and woofy. Kinda cool, but the bridge gives a nice contrast. A lot more bite but still plenty of low end.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
I wish I had a local pawn shop.
Well, HNBD anyhow!

EDIT: Yeah, I would expect the neck pickup to be muddy. My god, the size of that thing...
REGGIE
Last edited by LeakyFlask at Apr 6, 2011,
Mmmmm, lawsuit goodness. HNBD!
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Another pawn shop find! Thats it, after class I am going to look at pawn shops.

edit: Happy NBD, btw
Ted Nugent 2012

My Gear:

Fender American Standard Precision
Fender MIM Jazz
Gallien-Krueger 1001rb-ii/ 4x10 MBX cab
Ibanez AS-73
LTD EC-100
Peavey Rage 158
Yes!!! That's amazing!!

(sory if i skipped it) What's the scale length on it? Is it a full scale or a short scale?

If it's short, it verrrrrry well could be an Aria. They made some awesome copies in the 70's. In fact theres a suh-weet EB-3 (sorry... i refuse to call it an 'SG bass') at a local used place.

If not, i'm willing to bank on any number of Japanese copies... since it looks like no label on the headstock, i'd venture to guess it may be a Kingston. They usually had plastic logos glued to the headstock as opposed to a waterslide. They would eventually come off...

... but those switches scream Teisco!!

In any case, Congratz!!!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
I... hate... you...

that is all
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
It looks like you might get tetanus off the bridge. Be careful restringing that thing.
Quote by diofan88
You already have an alcohol problem: The problem being, you lack alcohol

Quote by laid-to-waste
no, this is the first time i've ever rubbed another man's nipple in a jacuzzi

it was horrible
Quote by Killdispair
It looks like you might get tetanus off the bridge. Be careful restringing that thing.

I read that as 'tatty anus', which I'm not sure is what you mean

I don't know what you mean though.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
I read that as 'tatty anus', which I'm not sure is what you mean

I don't know what you mean though.

Tetanus is a blood disease that you can get from getting cut by rusty metal.
Quote by diofan88
You already have an alcohol problem: The problem being, you lack alcohol

Quote by laid-to-waste
no, this is the first time i've ever rubbed another man's nipple in a jacuzzi

it was horrible
Oh...

<_<
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think