i've got a budget of about £100 what pedals would you recomend i have a look at ?? after a classic rock sound e.g. (AC/DC, thin lizzy and UFO)
The Boss Blues Driver is pretty good for Classic stuff. Gives you a nice, creamy overdrive when you dial it in right.
Quote by gquady09
The Boss Blues Driver is pretty good for Classic stuff. Gives you a nice, creamy overdrive when you dial it in right.

Mod it or it sucks...

But just search on youtube for some good boutique effects, and you'll find one you like someday!

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
totally depends on what amp and guitar you are using. the best classic rock sound comes from amp distortion.
A DLS will cover all of that
Gear-
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 VB
Epiphone Negative G-400 SG
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
CEC Amplification Suckerpunch 15
Catalinbread DLS v2
Humphrey Audio Slo/Diezel mod MT-2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
Unless you're playing through a Squier SP-10 or some acoustic amp I'm not sure how you couldn't achieve an ACDC tone, to some extent. It's like the easiest rock tone to achieve.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Zvex Box of Rock
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by monwobobbo
totally depends on what amp and guitar you are using. the best classic rock sound comes from amp distortion.

+1

we need to know the rest of your gear
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I vote for the Rothwell Hellbender, but that's just my two cents.
Hebrews 12: 29 "For our God is a consuming fire."

Warmoth humbucker-tele (specs soon to change), EHX 44 magnum power amp into 1x12 with WGS Retro 30 and a Barber Electronics Dual Unlimited.
pretty shit gear but ahh well
i've got the epiphone les paul custom and roland 80x cube + i have the boss me- 70 at the moment and i have some top tones out of that just looking into getting some seperate pedals Xx
In all honesty if you want classic rock tones your better off investing in a tube amp - the Cube you have isn't a bad amp but even with pedals you're never going to replicate the depth of tone and dynamics of a tube amp and that's most likely what's missing in the sound you're currently getting.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
+1, that's what i'd have thought.

it's debatable if pedals (certainly under the £100 mark) will do classic rock any better than the cube's amp models...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Classic rock tones are just cranked amp distortion. No need for a pedal for that kind of stuff. Am I the only one that thinks pedals are fun, but best avoided if possible ?
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Classic rock tones are just cranked amp distortion. No need for a pedal for that kind of stuff. Am I the only one that thinks pedals are fun, but best avoided if possible ?

No. You're 100% right imo. Even with an FX Loop I find the more pedals you have the more it alters your "true" tone that you get from plugging guitar straight into amp.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by callumhignett
i've got a budget of about £100 what pedals would you recomend i have a look at ?? after a classic rock sound e.g. (AC/DC, thin lizzy and UFO)

Save for a tube amp. Pedals won't get anywhere close. I personally hate most solid state distortion pedals.
Tube Amp plus a good overdrive pedal to help push the tubes to naturally break up.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
push the tubes naturally? Is this a l'oreal advert?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by evmac
Unless you're playing through a Squier SP-10 or some acoustic amp I'm not sure how you couldn't achieve an ACDC tone, to some extent. It's like the easiest rock tone to achieve.

Getting a perfect AC/DC tone is harder than you think. I have gotten very close to the "brown sound", AFD, but never have been able to get Malcolm's tone. Part of his tone is hitting the strings very hard, a GRETCH, and a clean Marshall (if only more people thought that way). Angus's is a bit easier, that's just the usual Gibson/Marshall combo. And how simple it is to play like him. He's overrated, IMO. Malcolm is what makes AC/DC have such a big sound.