Just wondering if you guys can recommend me an amp! Was going for a Blackstar HT-5 head but I've gotten some more money recently and I almost have my old guitar sold. Looking for a tube head, no bigger than 50W. I'll be playing it into a Harley Benton G212 vintage (.ie 2 Celestion Vintage 30's with a closed back).
I play a variety of music from Blues, Indie, Rock, Metal....etc. so I'm looking for a truly versatile amp. Favorite artists are Green Day, Slipknot, My Chemical Romance, Rory Gallagher, SRV, NIN.... I play a Ibanez RG370DX.

Budget: 600-800 (depending on other sales).

Thanks!
Peavey XXX is a great recommendation - but is way too expensive I think over in the UK. Used that thing can be found for $400-600 US. But its more like ~1k Euros/English pounds over there.

If you can find one, snag it. It should do all the sounds you want pretty well.
Maybe a Laney of some sort, a Lc30, GH50L. They're quiet cheap considering how good they sound. At least if you know how to use your volume poti.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by conor-figgy
I don't think it has enough gain and control for my liking....

For high gain stuff all you need to do is boost it with a tubescreamer and thats it and if you don't like how much control it has then an EQ pedal can solve that. I know Jim Root from Slipknot uses Orange amps in his live rig now and he use's a tubescreamer with it aswell

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
I'd get the Orange, The Peavey is very versatile but its way too loud as its 120w and the Orange is a steal at that price

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quote by blything09
I'd get the Orange, The Peavey is very versatile but its way too loud as its 120w and the Orange is a steal at that price

Oh, regarding the ebay link, he won't ship to Ireland so the price doesn't matter, although I agree, it's a steal.
Quote by conor-figgy
Oh, regarding the ebay link, he won't ship to Ireland so the price doesn't matter, although I agree, it's a steal.

Oh that sucks, is there any way to persuade him even if you offer to pay extra for delivery? If not then I'd just keep searching ebay for another orange head, they're very nice amps

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm