Back in January when I moved here, while decorating my room with posters, lights etc... I bought a clock for 15 bucks at target. I hung it up on my wall over my bed.

So I come back to my dorm this morning after spending the night somewhere else, and I find my clock, battery taken out, on my bed. The following note was written on it.

"I'm sorry but the ticking of the clock is driving me crazy. I've tryed living with it, but its not going to work out.

Sorry, name"

Does ticking bother anybody in here? I don't mind it at all. I actually find it kind of home-y, relaxing.

Thoughts?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I have to agree with the roommate, ticking can be really irritating if you're in a silent room and it's the only sound.

I just stick with digital clocks for that reason.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Yeah ticking clocks drive me mad too. I would have done the same.
i can sleep through sirens. it's just a matter of if i have anything in my mind i need to think about.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Ticking would wreck my head. I can sleep through it easily, it's getting to sleep with ticking is hard.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

I think he was kind to leave a note, I would've ripped it off the wall and fired it into the sun.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Haha. At least he wasn't a douche about it.
Edit: thinking about it, you should congratulate your roommate. That was possibly the most polite thing a human being could have done when annoyed by the sound of a ticking clock.
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Apr 6, 2011,
I think he probably should've put it back up when he left the room, but also left a note, and talked to you in person. I agree with him though, ticking clocks drive me nuts.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
it is super annoying to me.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by KirkMetallica
Ticking would wreck my head. I can sleep through it easily, it's getting to sleep with ticking is hard.

This.
Quote by Kensai
I think he was kind to leave a note, I would've ripped it off the wall and fired it into the sun.

I would've smashed his room up, then spray painted "LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR, LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR" on his wall.

Don't know why I would write that, but it's just something to drive him insane

EDIT: Oh yeh and totally **** up the clock..
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Apr 6, 2011,
Quote by G.Krizzel
FRANTIC-TICK-TICK-TICK-TICK-TICK-TICK...

this post went largely unpraised
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
ticking annoys me in ways that cannot be described with words.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Tell him to get ear plugs if he doesn't like the ticking sound, which isn't really loud in the first place.
King Shaka!.
Peace.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Haha. At least he wasn't a douche about it.
Edit: thinking about it, you should congratulate your roommate. That was possibly the most polite thing a human being could have done when annoyed by the sound of a ticking clock.

yeah, he was a passive agressive douche about it. he should've manned up and been like "bro, your clock is annoying. do you mind taking it down"
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
I get used to ticking after a while. It only bugs me if I can't sleep and start thinking about all the sounds in the room. Get a digital clock though, buy it yourself, as a peace offering.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I am actually surprised that everyone hates ticking

I don't mind it one bit, I wanted a clock in my room

I hate my roommate, so maybe I'm just looking for excuses.
-Jim Morrison
This reminds me of the time I thought it was a good idea to hang my roommate's clock right over our dartboard. That poor clock, too bad the guy from down the hall didn't have the best of aim.

But on topic, it doesn't bug me. Mainly because the number of clocks at my grandparent's house is off the goddamn charts, so I'm immune because I have been through ticking hell and survived to tell the tale.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
only when I think about it does it drive me crazy. Like when i realized my windshield kinda clicks, now I hear it whenever I drive like STFU!!
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I am actually surprised that everyone hates ticking

I don't mind it one bit, I wanted a clock in my room

Well don't be a douche now. Find a less annoying clock, he was polite about it.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

I will revise my suggestion.

Get a really goddam confusing digital clock. Buy it yourself, as a peace offering. Then set the alarm for like 5 in the morning, deny you did it, and totally be unable to turn it off. Repeat. Bonus points if you can convince him the clock is haunted.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
I will revise my suggestion.

Get a really goddam confusing digital clock. Buy it yourself, as a peace offering. Then set the alarm for like 5 in the morning, deny you did it, and totally be unable to turn it off. Repeat. Bonus points if you can convince him the clock is haunted.

He already does this with his stupid iPhone. I'd look like a copycat

I don't know why he sets his alarm for 7am and gets up at 1pm.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
He already does this with his stupid iPhone. I'd look like a copycat

I don't know why he sets his alarm for 7am and gets up at 1pm.

He's probably supposed to have morning class, but just doesn't go.

I think he was very polite about the clock thing.

To be fair though, next time his phone is bugging you, break it open, remove the battery and put it on his desk with your own note.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Back in January when I moved here, while decorating my room with posters, lights etc... I bought a clock for 15 bucks at target. I hung it up on my wall over my bed.

So I come back to my dorm this morning after spending the night somewhere else, and I find my clock, battery taken out, on my bed. The following note was written on it.

"I'm sorry but the ticking of the clock is driving me crazy. I've tryed living with it, but its not going to work out.

Sorry, name"

Does ticking bother anybody in here? I don't mind it at all. I actually find it kind of home-y, relaxing.

Thoughts?

Extremely annoying....I hate clokcs that tick..I have a very nice analog watch that I don't where simply because it ticks...Stick with digital.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by SteveHouse
I get used to ticking after a while. It only bugs me if I can't sleep and start thinking about all the sounds in the room.

This, I usually tune it out with other things but once it's silent I focus on it way too much.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by Kilobyte
I have to agree with the roommate, ticking can be really irritating if you're in a silent room and it's the only sound.

I just stick with digital clocks for that reason.

QFT
Quote by Shaka!
Tell him to get ear plugs if he doesn't like the ticking sound, which isn't really loud in the first place.

Are you kidding?

You try getting to sleep in a silent room with only the sound of a clock ticking.
You could set off an atom bomb outside the room and still hear the clock ticking over it.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.