I have an thin body ash yamaha pacifica 921 with a floyd and am looking at GFS pickups
and have narrowed it down to the VEH and the crunchy pat and the fat pat pickups and was hoping someone has experience with their pickups and would chime in here

Thanks
I bought the GFS for my frankenstrat, it'll be a couple of months before its finished though. Check out some youtube videos and reviews. I've only heard good things about it at for £30 you can't really complain.
Quote by RockGuitarist09
I bought the GFS for my frankenstrat, it'll be a couple of months before its finished though. Check out some youtube videos and reviews. I've only heard good things about it at for £30 you can't really complain.

Yeah which pickup did you buy and is your guitar an ash body?
I got the GSF FAT PATs in my Epi LP.
The bridge is great, the neck a bit hot for my tastes, but I lowered it quite a bit and it sounds wonderful for my needs.
Mahogany body
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 6, 2011,
Quote by CodeMonk
I got the GSF FAT PATs in my Epi LP.
The bridge is great, the neck a bit hot for my tastes, but I lowered it quite a bit and it sounds wonderful for my needs.
Mahogany body

Hey thanks for the repsonse
In my tele build thats ash, I have the crunchy pat in the bridge. It's just awesome, does hard rock to blues, and even 8/10 on the cleans. Also had the VEH, Powerrails, Lipstick, and will be using another crunchy pat and a dream 90 on the next build. What genres are you playing?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
how are the gfs p90 humbuckers? i was looking at those. damn they r cheap!
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
theyre humbucker sized, and i was going to put a dream 90 in my squier '51 cause i thought they sounded fantastic, but i just ended up buying a strat and have no cash. they have good pickups for the price though
Quote by SKArface McDank
theyre humbucker sized, and i was going to put a dream 90 in my squier '51 cause i thought they sounded fantastic, but i just ended up buying a strat and have no cash. they have good pickups for the price though

YES I VE FINALLY FOUND A P90 MODEL THAT SOUNDS GOOD AND I CAN AFFORED!!!!!!!!!!WOOOOHOOOOHOHOHOHOHOOCAPLOCKS!
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Quote by B.Cross
Yeah which pickup did you buy and is your guitar an ash body?

The VEH, sorry forgot to mention that. Unfortunately my body is a fiberboard, despite the specs saying it was alder, this is just testing my skills at customising for when i want to make an expensive one. I haven't used it in this body yet, so i can't give my opinion from experience, I've only heard good things though.