Page 1 of 2
The art of annoying, trolling and generally evoking rage in other people.

The Pit as seen many many trolls but i was wondering what was the pits opnion on griefing on games?

I recently began a youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BassMGreg?feature=mhum
Basically because i find annoying other people to the extent they become so angry and worked up over a game to be rather funny-if you do watch any of my videos please enjoy =)
Last edited by BassmasterGreg at Apr 6, 2011,
I think it's an obnoxious dick move. People play games to have fun. Granted, some of them shouldn't get so upset over games, but the need to annoy other people in order to be entertained has never made sense to me and always reminded me of those awkward kids in middle school whose idea of flirting with a girl was breaking her pencil or constantly tapping her on her far shoulder and then laughing loudly when she looks in the wrong direction.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I can;t understand anything he says in that video. ****in' scottish people.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Um, griefing is a very specific form of trolling Trolling Youtube is not that.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by BassmasterGreg
Favourite youtube channel

Shut Your Mouth!
Definitely his best video, why? why? why? why?!?! WHY?!?!?!??!??!
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by goest
Griefing is in no way, shape, OR FORM...a word.

Griefing is when a player deliberately ruins anothers' experience in a multiplayer game or an MMO. Like using the enviroment and mobs in a non-PvP mmo to attack anothre player, just for the hell of it. It's an bannable offence on many MMOs and on most Minecraft servers.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I think it's an obnoxious dick move. People play games to have fun. Granted, some of them shouldn't get so upset over games, but the need to annoy other people in order to be entertained has never made sense to me and always reminded me of those awkward kids in middle school whose idea of flirting with a girl was breaking her pencil or constantly tapping her on her far shoulder and then laughing loudly when she looks in the wrong direction.

And there is no funny side to it at all?
I thought griefing only applied to destroying other peoples' things in Minecraft?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I thought griefing only applied to destroying other peoples' things in Minecraft?

No. I am currently thinking off doing just that on minecraft though.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

That's because the people who engage in such behaviour are still in middle school, pissing off girls
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
That's because the people who engage in such behaviour are still in middle school, pissing off girls

sums me up in a nutshell
Well, its just mainly about if the person you're trolling can handle it. If it's a friend or so, why not call a prank?

By the way, the game, you've lost it.

trollface.jpg
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by Hebriqui
Well, its just mainly about if the person you're trolling can handle it. If it's a friend or so, why not call a prank?

By the way, the game, you've lost it.

trollface.jpg

? is that a fail with the image?

It's to an extent all about the persons reaction. Though I would like to think that i can take some credit for causing the reaction though.
For additional griefing hilarity, search for GFW Radio episodes on which Shawn Elliot discusses his griefing adventures. Pure gold, my friends, pure gold.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
I seriously hate griefing. I don't mind trolling, or just taking the piss out of people and stuff, but when you mess about with their stuff in the game (ie, burning down someone's house in Minecraft, or taking away all the torches so creepers divebomb you from rooftops) is just a stupid and very low way of getting entertainment.
back on the minecraft classic server, i used to draw wangs on the giant link, megaman, pikachu, etc that people would make. because lets face it, that is funny. it was always just ontop of it so someone could remove it easily. actually destroying people's things isnt funny though.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
There is actually no real reason to taking offense to video game griefing and trolling. I'm no good at video games and guys that are all "yeah well you don't have to ruin it for others" are just lulzy. They could be out there learning some cool impressive shit like solving a rubiks cube or skateboarding or biking. I've never seen a girl impressed by a guy's kdr in Black Ops.
Quote by Tigar
There is actually no real reason to taking offense to video game griefing and trolling. I'm no good at video games and guys that are all "yeah well you don't have to ruin it for others" are just lulzy. They could be out there learning some cool impressive shit like solving a rubiks cube or skateboarding or biking. I've never seen a girl impressed by a guy's kdr in Black Ops.

Sometimes people just want to have fun instead of spending 100% of their time developing productive skills...?

What if someone was bothering the shit out of you while you were watching TV or browsing the internet, and when you tried to get them to go away they just said "you could be out there learning some cool impressive shit like solving a rubiks cube or skateboarding or biking."?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Tigar

...You've seen girls impressed by rubiks cube skills?
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Good point cheesecake, and I have actually seen a few impressed by me doing it. My point made no sense anyways.
Oh hell yeah, it's a blast to do that. Especially when you the little whiners in Halo 3/Reach or you're TKing in Left For Dead on XBL. So much fun.
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
It's narcisism and borderline sociopathy. It probably derives from a medical condition involving an abnormally formed prefrontal cortex in the brain. Read on if you dare.

In child's terms: Some people lack (in different degrees) the ability to naturally have certain emotions, including joy, sadness, etc... because of the way their brain is. Those people will try and cause extreme emotions (usually negative) in others which in turn stimulates their own brain with adrenaline, therefore assisting in letting them feel emotion; joy, anger, laughter, etc. Often, this is done unconsciously by the brain, not to harm others even though that's the outcome. The purpose is the brain trying to make itself normal in size and in chemistry.

Some people even have to physically hurt others in order to stimulate their brains. They're called sociopaths.

I'm not judging TS or anyone else, most of us do this at one time or another to make ourselves feel better but if you feel you need to do it out of necessity and the pleasure you get is intense, than this is the explanation for it. Remember this: When someone makes fun of you or puts you down, it's not about you. It's about them. And their prefrontal cortex abnormality.

Trolls aren't bad people they just can't help it.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Trolls are important in this world, perhaps even necessary, because they remind us never to get mad at anyone over the internet or video games.
Quote by Tigar

Dragging your team down in Black Ops due to your lack of skills is NOT griefing -- they're just being butthurt elitists that don't -- want to -- remember being a beginner themselves.

Delibereately ruining someone's building in Minecraft, or training mobs in an MMO is griefing -- like aggro-ing many mobs to attack a low-level player.
Trolls and griefers are the people who remind me of the (modified version of the) MST3K mantra.
"It's just the Internet, I should probably just relax."
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
People who griefed my quest mobs in WoW made me rage, I vowed to hunt them down.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Page 1 of 2