I bought the jet city 20 watt combo amp and want a cab for it. either a 212 or a 412. whats are some good ones for 300-400$? i was looking at the valveking and the fender bandmaster vm212.
Cort KX1Q w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Mesa Boogie Mark V 35 Head
Orange PPC112 - 60W 1x12" V30 Cabinet
Two Notes Torpedo Live
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Universal Power Supply

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
Orange, Mesa, Avatar, Mills, Zilla Whitebox, Saxon, etc. etc.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Quote by thundermonty
I bought the jet city 20 watt combo amp and want a cab for it. either a 212 or a 412. whats are some good ones for 300-400$? i was looking at the valveking and the fender bandmaster vm212.

Neither.

In that price range you can find a used Mesa 212, or you could get a new Avatar 212 or White Box 212.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Emperor.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
whats best voiced to go along with the jet city? i've heard avatars are good. i want a decent classic rock tone but i need specific models. not just brands. oh and the impedance is 16 mono or 2X8 Stereo
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Two Notes Torpedo Live

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
Go with a 2x12. No real point in buying a cab that costs 3-5x as much as your head (that's what a quality new 4x12 will cost). Even a good, new 2x12 can cost $450+

Celestion Vintage 30's seem to be the generic good speaker of choice.
If you can find a second-hand Orange 2x12 with Vintage 30's I think you'll be pleased. All the JCA20H's I've played sounded somewhat the best with a V30 speaker. The name of it is a PPC212C. It's of closed-back design and sounds huge.

You may also like Avatar or White Box cabinets. I have not played the latter but the former is certainly well worth looking into as they are very reasonable in price. The best speaker for the job is entirely up to you.

My suggestion would be to go the Eminence, Celestion, WGS, EV, etc. and find a speaker that is rated at around 50-70 watts, has a nice tight low-end and plenty of midrange. If you want a warmer break-up, you can opt for something of less wattage. Again, look at the websites as there are way to many to list.
I thought my JCA sounded horrible with V30s, but I guess it could've been the OS cab I was using
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Damnit, man, you always disagree with everything I say!

No, seriously, there are better speakers out there for Jet City amp - and for a shit-tonne of others, too - but they're common, relatively inexpensive and easy to work with.
well i am looking for tone not loudness. is the eminence driver in the 2112rc good? or should i switch out the speaker?

Two Notes Torpedo Live

It suits the amp quite well, yeah. It's certainly not a piece of shit, put it that way. It's ideal if you want to keep your budget low and trust the company to best match speakers/cabinets with amplifiers.

Can't you try one out?
i live in alton, missouri. try and find it on a map... hahaha

Two Notes Torpedo Live