I will have 400 dollars to spend on some kind of guitar gear but the question is what i should buy. I currently play a schecter hellraiser with emgs into a peavey jsx 212 combo and my pedalboard consists of a channel switcher/booster and my chain is ibanez lu 20 tuner-morley bad horsie 2 wah-digitech whammy- pigtronix aria disnortion distortion/fuzz. I also own a mexican made strat that feels great but I isn't set up and the don't dig the stock pickups. I love the feel of the schecter but i wish I had a guitar with a floyd rose but I'd love a delay pedal too. If I need to I could throw in some more cash. What should I look into buying?
We can't tell you what to buy. Do you feel your tone is lacking in anyway? If so, how?
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
hmmm I guess I wish I had a better hard rock lead tone. Like just fuller I guess but at the same time I really wish I had a delay because I have so many ideas for songs with delay and solos and stuff. But then I'd love to do an overhaul on my strat and make it a great guitar or just sell it and use that cash and the money I have to get another guitar or whatever
Just answered your own question.
Yeah but like should I sell my strat or should I overhaul it? I can't do all those things sadly
That's up to you. Would you like a new bluesy/jazz guitar, or would you like new effects to create new sounds?
buy a delay and have a tech do a nice set up for you. swap out the pickups too. depends on the delay, you should have enough money.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
you can get a good delay for under $200 and more likely under $150. put some Lace Sensor pups in the strat (the red, silver, blue set is about $140) and get it set up. those pickups will have some balls for hard rock / metal, be almost noiseless and still retain the good things about a strats sound.
i say delay, it makes your sound fuller and adds a certain shimmer to your solo's
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
definately get a delay pedal, its one of the best things you can add to improve solo tones.
2011 PRS CU24 (Black/Gold), Carvin Legacy 3
definitely get a floyd equipped guitar OR buy my rack gear.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness