pots ordered from dimarzio
1 25%
the best pots i can get from local electronics store
0 0%
other recommendation
3 75%
Voters: 4.
Hi,welcome

say im getting new pick ups. but i also want to change my pots while im at it. now wat would you recommend for me (im getting dimarzios) pots from dimarzio themself or the best pots i can get from the local electronics store?

thx in advance
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Yamaha self customized EG012
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 6, 2011,
Quote by CodeMonk
Probably as good as the one from Dimarzio.

and if i want the best i can get?
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Yamaha self customized EG012
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Bourns and nos CTS are great.

you could also hunt around for Ohmite, Centralab, or Clarostat. But if money is no object, Bourns or new-old-stock CTS. new-production CTS has gone to shit.

hey codemonk, you wouldn't happen to be a member of a certain EB forum would you?
hey ya Jim, Uhm...I'm on a number of forums. Be more specific maybe?
If you mean Ernie Ball, then I don't think so.
ok. i was wondering because typing "best potentiometers" into my address bar took me here.

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-guitars/11982-what-best-potentiometers.html
Quote by Invader Jim
ok. i was wondering because typing "best potentiometers" into my address bar took me here.

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-guitars/11982-what-best-potentiometers.html

No but damn, sounds a lot like me though.
And I would have used CodeMonkey years ago except the IRC chat network I was using only allowed 9 characters in the nick, so I shortened it to "Code_Monk" and kept it.
One of my many nicks I have used over the years. Although this one is pretty much the only one I use these days.

Although I will go into the "Rat Shack" for little crap like fuses and the like.