For maple guitar necks, are you supposed to use lemon oil or mineral oil to take care of it? Or do you even need to do that with this type of neck?
I never oiled mine. Idk. Probably would have been a good idea
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
Quote by AustinHoag
For maple guitar necks, are you supposed to use lemon oil or mineral oil to take care of it? Or do you even need to do that with this type of neck?

No. Just wipe them with a water dampened cloth. There was literally a thread about this on Thursday or so of last week... Just sayin'
^ yeah don't use oil on a maple neck
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by samhell
No. Just wipe them with a water dampened cloth. There was literally a thread about this on Thursday or so of last week... Just sayin'

Sorry about that... I did search for one, but didn't find one. But thank you.
wipe it down once a year or so. There's no unfinished surfaces on a maple neck so it won't dry out. No oil.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
its the maple fretboards that you dont want to use oil on..but if the maple neck is finished...whats the problem on a maple neck?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Controlpanel
its the maple fretboards that you dont want to use oil on..but if the maple neck is finished...whats the problem on a maple neck?

The neck is sealed, so it wouldn't be absorbed into the wood.

It would just leave "gunk"/residue on your fretboard and you would have to wipe it off.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Quote by Controlpanel

What do you mean? They are usually coated as stated above. I suppose you could leave them unfinished but they'd get stained dirty and ugly pretty quick with no way to clean it other than bleaching or sanding...