As some of you may know, I'm (still) in the market for a new amp. (I'm not bothering about multi-FX anymore, for your information)

Budget: €500, €700 MAX.

Genres: Some punkrock/post-hardcore, but mainly metal(core). I like experimenting with some classics though, but it's definitely not a must.

New or used: a good used one for significantly less (not 15€ or something) is as good as a new one to me.

Home or gig: both, but probably mainly for gigging.

Closest city: Alkmaar, but let's say Amsterdam for you not from the Netherlands.

Current gear: check my sig!

+ Combo, not halfstack!

Now I've looked into some combo's already and most of what I like seems to be either a 5150/6505+ (what's the difference with these two?) and the Bugera-line of metal amps.

Now my main issue with the Bugera's is this: next to the little difference in price and maybe build quality what else is different? And are the cleans better than/similar to the 'crappy' cleans of the 6505+ 112?

If the Bugera's are not that notably worse than the Peavey which one is the best to test? 6260, 6262 or 333(XL)?

On a side note, as I'm giving all this info anyway: a good advice on a wah-pedal is welcome as well. Same info applies.

Thanks a lot, guys! And sorry about addressing this little problem of mine another time.
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
well, to me, the Bugera's are just as good as the Peavey with a better clean channel, but the build quality isn't quite as good. you can ignore anyone who says OMG BUGERA'S BLOW!!!!111 because the quality has improved immensely since that phase. personally, i'd recommend the 333XL, or if you can wait a bit, the TriRec, depends on what kinda sound you're really looking for really
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Thanks for your reply!

In my city there's just one Bugera-dealer and most of the time they have to order the amps before I can try them. Can I let these guys order these amps without buying them? Seems like kind of a bad move towards such small shops, or what?

Also: is the tri-rec available in a combo? I'd rather not buy a half-stack directly after small hybrid combo's and with about 1 year of playing in my fingers.

Any thoughts on that new Infium technology they put in most of their amps?
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

Quote by Willowthewitch

iirc, the TriRec's only available as a head, but it could be the one to start a move into a halfstack for you?
and you'd have to ask the people at the dealer to know that tbh, i haven't a clue

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Yeah, the TriRec does look nice, but it'll drive my budget up to atleast 1000€ I'm afraid. I'd rather buy such an amp (stack-type) later in my guitar-career, so to call it.

For now I'd rather have a 500€ tube combo, I think.
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

Quote by Willowthewitch

well i know you can get the 333 and 6262 as combos, so they're right up your alley ='3
i personally prefer the 333 because of the third channel, it just suits what i want better, but if you can try out both then do it =]

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
TuningGamer, the best test of an amp is your ears. The worst test of an amp is random dudes who you don't even know throwing out their opinion on a guitar message board. I highly encourage you to try out the amps you have access to in your local music shops and pick the one that sounds the best to you. Plus you make a relationship with your local shop that way and if anything goes wrong or bad, you can use that relationship to get it taken care of easily and locally, without having to ship the head off to some service center.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
Also you might have amps there that no one here knows anything about, and that are way better than Bugeras. For instance about a mile from where I live, there is an amp company called Verellen Amplifiers. They sound amazing!! But the online guitar forums don't really talk about them. It's just that they don't know about them. Whether they are talked about doesn't change the fact that they have some serious tone!
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
Thank you for your advice! I was already planning on doing an amp tour whenever I have the time (which will be in about 2 weeks). I'll get the guys from my band to come along and we'll just test as much amps as we can, I guess.

Any tips on what to look at next to the obvious factor of tone and price?

Thanks a lot!
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -