If you could have been in any regional metal scene, which one?

Ok, so say you go back in time so that you're the right age to be involved in a particular metal scene and live in the region, to go to the gigs and have known the people in it, and to have maybe even formed a band at the time that had played as part of that scene. so regional scenes for example: New Wave of British Heavy Metal (Birmingham, Midlands /London, UK) or Bay Area Thrash or whatever.

I would say for myself probably Florida Death Metal in Tampa in the mid to late 80's, just with all those legendary bands like Death, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Obituary, Cannibal Corpse etc...would have been pretty awesome. And might have known Chuck and Dave Vincent and some of the other people from the scene.
Florida Death for sure... I would love to have seen Death perform live.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Special C-7 FR
Peavey Vyper 60W Tube
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Bay area thrash for me also.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
sunset strip 80s metal scene
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Bay area for sure, hanging out with Paul Baloff getting smashed with Exodus and Metallica and everything. I'd probably be more successful trying to get a thrash band together back then to. I just think its kind of awesome that some of the most influential metal bands ever used to all be in the same area playing cheap gigs.
well, seeing as I'm from the UK, i'd love to have been in the Birmingham New Wave scene, it would've been actually epic
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
canada at the moment, and there are chances I will be going there for college
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
This week really has been amazing for ultimately pointless threads. Someone please make a favourite colour thread for next week.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Without a doubt I would choose the bay area thrash scene. Seeing Metallica in 1982 with Dave Mustaine.. drunk out of his mind. That would be awesome.
West Coast hip-hop in the 90's

Would have been so metal.
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Actually, wait no this is a great thread. Lutefest, 1458. Mental killersavage craic altogether, got shitfaced on mead and all the wenches were ready to copulatey.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
This week really has been amazing for ultimately pointless threads. Someone please make a favourite colour thread for next week.

Woah...killed it dude
Quote by illuminatiano

Lucky bastard.

Canada in the 90's would have been incredible.

Quote by Stranglehold

Come on Strangles, this better than the usual fare.
Quote by illuminatiano

oh yeah? Where abouts? even though I'm so far south it's practically michigan.
30 years into the future, anywhere with a laptop, internet and a bag of Doritos.
Quote by technicolour
oh yeah? Where abouts? even though I'm so far south it's practically michigan.

most likely montreal (applying to Concordia and McGill)
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Teutonic thrash in Germany. i love those bands.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I'm going with the Bay Area scene of the late 90's/2000's. This is the scene that gave birth to, among others, Neurosis, Ludicra, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune, and (more recently) Cormorant.
Quebec scene in the 90s. Love Canadian bands. A close second would be the Teutonic Thrash scene.

EDIT: I'm actually in Canada right now but Toronto seems to lack any good metal bands except one or two.
Metal: early 90's Norwegian black metal

Non-metal: early 70's prog
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Mid-80s Bronx, New York
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Late 80's/early 90's SoCal stoner scene, both the Bay Area and the Palm Desert scenes.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by Limaj_daas
Quebec scene in the 90s. Love Canadian bands. A close second would be the Teutonic Thrash scene.

EDIT: I'm actually in Canada right now but Toronto seems to lack any good metal bands except one or two.
Definitely Quebec.

The only really great, classic Toronto metal band I can think of is Infernal Majesty. The local scene isn't bad here, there are some really talented bands, the turn-outs are just not that great generally unless you're going to a Fatality or Unborn Dead show.
Deutschland in the 80s. Great bands like the Big 3, Assassin, and Protector.

Also, west coast just for Dark Angel and Sadus.