i found jcm2000 head with a jcm 900 1960 lead cabinet on craigslist for $650, assuming that its working and nothings wrong with it, i know this is a pretty good price for them both, but is it a good sound for things like queens of the stoneage, black sabbath, kyuss, mastodon, mars volta, tool, and zeppelin sounds? oh how are the cleans on them? i have a mg so i know this would be an upgrade, and iv been looking for a new amp for a while, what do you guys think?
Last edited by jesus=dinosaur at Apr 6, 2011,
JCM900's are great sounding amps. It should be able to do everything you listed, and if you get a tubescreamer you'll have that much more versatility.
Quote by gunther_sucks
JCM900's are great sounding amps. It should be able to do everything you listed, and if you get a tubescreamer you'll have that much more versatility.

im sorry i dont think i specified the jcm 900 is the cabinet, the head is a jcm 2000
you could just say 1960 cab lol to prevent confusing more people :P

btw is that price for the head and the cab? thats a pretty sweet deal
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by gunther_sucks
JCM900's are great sounding amps.

No.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
well it is $650 for both, im kinda worried though because i play in my bedroom most of the time occasionally gigging and im trying to really jam more, this isnt going to be overkill is it? i know from scouting around that i could resell this stuff for a profit if i have to but is this a good buy for me personally?
i'd get it.
I'm currently just looking for a head for about the same price.
Make sure there aren't any defects. check it out.
my ears, best amps marshall made.
Is it a DSL50/100 or TSL?

Either way, killer deal. The DSL amps are some of my favorites.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
its a dsl 100, what should i check if i can talk my mom into letting me go (cant wait to explain the difference between solid and tube and why it looke like my mg)? iv never done more witha tube amp then noodling at guitar center.
Check the Green channel works - it's the only good part of that amp.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Check the Green channel works - it's the only good part of that amp.

--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
i dont care if i lived with 7 families in a barn, thats a sick deal regardless of where your gonna play. and no its not overkill for jamming, as long as the other guitarist can keep up lol
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED