I have so many riffs sitting on my computer waiting to be put into a song, but I don't even know where to start. I'm honestly not even sure if I know how to write a song. I just don't want a simple song such as "Intro, chorus riff, verse, chorus, bridge, solo, chorus, outro", I want to make something interesting. Can anybody help me? I play metal by the way.

Thanks.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Last edited by The Philosopher at Apr 6, 2011,
My advice: start out writing intro, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, solo, chorus, outro songs. You don't have to get famous from them or anything, but writing songs like that gives you experience.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
If its not an instrumental, I find that the structure comes from the lyrics and that the song will basically form itself if the riffs flow. And if you've never composed a full song before, start simple.
get some basic structure... then, as odd as it sounds, listen to bands like Muse,Queen, RATM.... they do great little, kinda random things that seem to add an extra dimension to a song i think... i know what i mean... its hard to explain lol. then from there you could try and come up with your own random sh*t. i dunno.
Dom, look... I Caught a PWOPER fish
I agree, start simple. I find just playing them can help alot. Just play a riff and then play what it feels like it leads into. Repeat until a song is made.