Alright so basically whenever i play guitar after playing for a few hours or so Im able to play great and clean but If I just pick it up and try to play something I really cant play anything. Usually I like to warm up with excercises when I play but this is something that has been a huge pain lately. When someone asks me to play guitar on the spot and I try to play something its like ive lost all my ability to play. Does this go away overtime? Or is this simply just a matter of needing more practice? Im a fairly serious guitar player but sometimes its discouraging and frusturating that I can't play something that I played 24hours ago. If this is natural for every player then does anybody have any advice on how to get warmed up faster? I really need to be able to keep my skills and I feel like whenever Im able to play something the ability goes away the next day and its like im running in circles inside my practicing.
Sorry I didnt see that thread! And thanks that makes much sense to me. Thats a better of way of saying it I cant get a good consistency. Just tells me that I need to keep practicing and that I still have a far way to go in my playing. Thanks Johnny
Protip: when people ask you to play something they don't want to see you shred, they want songs they know. Wonderwall or whatever.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Protip: when people ask you to play something they don't want to see you shred, they want songs they know. Wonderwall or whatever.

Sometimes it depends on who your playing to but that is a very true statement. Ill always keep that in mind thanks for reassuring me of that fact.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

I would add that CHICKS especially don't care about shredding. They want songs