Hey, I was wondering what guitar strings to get, I was looking at GHS Boomers, but I don't know what gauge to get. I play usually in C# to B, can someone help me?
My understanding is that most people like 11-52's or something of that nature, but before anyone says it, searchbar this. tons of threads about drop tuning strings.
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
the brand is almost pure preference, but now gauge, I wouldn't use anything below a 60 for B standard, but that's just my opinion
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by megano28
the brand is almost pure preference, but now gauge, I wouldn't use anything below a 60 for B standard, but that's just my opinion

So you said anything below 60 would that mean what he said 11-52?
I would really suggest getting DR DDTs, like Helicopters! said. They really are the best, and they're built just for that.

However, when it comes to my personal preference, I like Ernie Ball Slinky's or GHS. Not the Boomers, though. I don't like those at all.
I'd recommend getting some 12-56's, like the Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky's but I prefer the D'addarios 13-56's, I play in A#.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
I use DR Tite-fit 11's on my drop guitars, it makes for really loose feel, but I don't have any tuning issues, but they are floyd's.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Quote by artb100
So you said anything below 60 would that mean what he said 11-52?

I said I wouldn't try anything under a 60, I'm in A standard right now on my seven string with a 70 as the low A. If you were to guesstimate what my set was, it's be around some 14-15 gauge, but then again I like tension in my strings, they give you the option for more attack, more durable(normally) and if you build finger strength, I don't see the advantage of lower gauges...

Just to give you a comparison, what he recommends for the drop tunings, I use on my E standard Ibanez...I can't even play on nines anymore with breaking a string eventually.

But in the ends it's MY opinion, you might like loose like the majority of the guys here or you might like tension like me
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
I play either .12-.60s or .12-.54s for drop C#
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.