Here's another soundtrack piece i wrote. It's actually part of a project i'm working on. I'm going to make an album of a score i'm writing for an imaginary film haha. It's going to be a war type film so the music will have that theme with it. I recorded this all with EWQL Symphonic Orchestra and Colossus. Tell me what you think of the composition itself and the actual audio quality.

The piece is on my profile.
C4C as always
Check out my music on my profile
Wow, cool stuff. I too have aspirations/delusions of one day composing for films/video games.

My only real criticisms would be in terms of timbre; the solo cello at the beginning sounds pretty ordinary, and the snare lacks a little punch. For the cello, maybe you just need a different VST/sample, and the snare would maybe work better as an ensemble with a little reverb? When the strings came in all together, it sounded great, though.

In terms of composition, it come across a bit heavy-handed, but then again most war film scores do, I think it comes with the territory... And I loved the major change at the end.

Nice work, keep it up!

PS How would you rate EWQL to work with? I used to use Reason, but reasons we don't need to go into, I can't use it anymore. Would you recommend EWQL as a replacement?

PSS Have you had any institutional training, musically, or just what you've picked up along the way?
Quote by Wolffgang
Wow, cool stuff. I too have aspirations/delusions of one day composing for films/video games.

My only real criticisms would be in terms of timbre; the solo cello at the beginning sounds pretty ordinary, and the snare lacks a little punch. For the cello, maybe you just need a different VST/sample, and the snare would maybe work better as an ensemble with a little reverb? When the strings came in all together, it sounded great, though.

In terms of composition, it come across a bit heavy-handed, but then again most war film scores do, I think it comes with the territory... And I loved the major change at the end.

Nice work, keep it up!

PS How would you rate EWQL to work with? I used to use Reason, but reasons we don't need to go into, I can't use it anymore. Would you recommend EWQL as a replacement?

PSS Have you had any institutional training, musically, or just what you've picked up along the way?

Thanks! I'll see what i can do with the snare and cello.. I had a hard time getting the cello to sound how i wanted. EWQL is a very good library to work with, in my opinion. I use it with Reaper and it works just fine. I'm still learning but it's easy to get most of the basics down. And the only training i've had is in my high school band class haha. And we don't even talk much about composing so i just listen and pick up what sounds good with what and etc. I'm only a sophomore in highschool but i'm hoping to teach music theory and composition at a college one day.
Another fine composition !
Will fit as a soundtrack for sure, I love the way you "use" the orchestra,letting
the stringsection wait for their moment ! Great use of dynamics,I do agree with the cello-comment though.Tried a compressor on the cello-track ?
Nice work, you are actually making music, that's good !

Crit mine if you like :
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426489
Quote by Damocles
Another fine composition !
Will fit as a soundtrack for sure, I love the way you "use" the orchestra,letting
the stringsection wait for their moment ! Great use of dynamics,I do agree with the cello-comment though.Tried a compressor on the cello-track ?
Nice work, you are actually making music, that's good !

Crit mine if you like :
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426489

Thanks! I left a comment on your thread. I'll be sure to try a compressor.
For the cello, try putting another solo cello soundbank on the same track. On EWQL, that sometime gives a nice effect. As for the snare, maybe try using a "deeper" one ? the current one sounds a bit thin.

Before the cello comes in, i think the intro can last a bit longer. Make it fade it a bit more. But the rest was great !