Poll: Les Paul or Explorer
Poll Options
View poll results: Les Paul or Explorer
Les Paul
12 30%
Explorer
28 70%
Voters: 40.
im getting a new guitar. Ive narrowed it down to an epiphone les paul studio deluxe and a epiphone 1958 explorer. The les paul is 399 new and the explorer is 399 used. i play alot oy bullet for my valentine and escape the fate. help me decide
I am a wh0re, a WH0RE!!!!!!!! for Explorers.

So try and guess which one I chose.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
I have an Epiphone Explorer and an Epiphone Les Paul...I ended up getting a Gibson Explorer, not a Les Paul so you can guess which one I prefer. But the Les Paul is more convenient to play, I'll say that much.
Quote by unfathomable_bo

This is why vs threads are banned, because people can say "well Dragonforce are better because ZP's hair is curlier" or "Iron Maided are better coz Dave Murray looks like a fish"

It's Always Funny When It's True.
You should see if you can play it with your elbow on the guitar. I played one once and unfortunately for me my bony elbow felt weird sitting on the wood rather than normal.
Honk
Quote by Mukersman
You should see if you can play it with your elbow on the guitar. I played one once and unfortunately for me my bony elbow felt weird sitting on the wood rather than normal.

if youre talking bout the explorer, i have a thunderbird bass so im pretty used to it. and i play my friends les paul whenever i have the chance
honestly if your playing that i won't get either of those, but if i had to choose id go with the explorer simply because you can easily reach the higher frets
If you're male and have a slight build, I think the Explorer tends to make you look like Christopher Robin or a hobbit.

Regardless, I have both the Epi and Gibson and the Epi is definitely very nice. I'd upgrade the PU to taste.

i have the same epi explorer in black with an emg 81/60 set in it and i F-ing LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

so yeah
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
les pauls are boring to me. id vote explorer but voting isnt cool so eff you pdidddly
whoa... I answered the poll question way to early, I didn't know that it was an epi les paul "studio" vs a 1958 explorer. if the poll was more specific I'd really choose the 1958 explorer.

Anyway, an obvious choice from the 2 is the explorer. but if you have placed an LP standard or custom. I'd choose the LP.
I agree with the Christopher Robin post - part of why I don't have one (yet). But I lub me some explora.
The only people who can pull off the Explorer look are The Edge and James Hetfield. Considering you're not either of them, I'd suggest a LP Standard.