Hello everyone.

Here's a quick question. There's a lot of musics (mainly metal solos) with bends that sound sooo powerful.

Meanwhile, mine just sounds like "****in meh" in mine EMG 81 caps.

WHat makes it sound so good in the real music? Tons of gear they use? Some kind of pedal I am not aware of (Im kinda new to gear stuff)... or some nice caps or maybe some eq?

ps: I can give a comparison if needed. And sorry for my bad english.
Technique is my bet, but gear and EQ also can make the difference.
are you using a floyd rose? alot of the real crazy bends in solos are done with a whammy bar on a FR, which can be use for some wicked harmonics that really elevate metal bends to sound real extreme...
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Definitely technique. But also delay and reverb used properly can make bends seem like they go on for miles. (be weary of delay when practicing though it hides sloppy playing fairly well)
gain, sustain, and EQ

if you dont have a locking nut, you can do some really big bends by cranking on the string behind the nut with your pick hand while bending with the left.
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
Pinch harmonics.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
I'm also guessing that the particular sound you're thinking off is pinch harmonics...either way it pretty much all boils down to technique.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
As someone said before bends in metal typically use a strong amount of vibrato (Marty Friedman's playing is a good example). People tend to ignore their building vibrato technique all too often though...
Honestly, I think what you're missing is tone. Recorded songs are loud, with lots of volume, natural breakup, and feedback.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
An example of exactly what TS means would be good, I've been watching this thread and I'm still not sure exactly what he means...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
An example of exactly what TS means would be good, I've been watching this thread and I'm still not sure exactly what he means...

Yeah, it's rapidly becoming apparent that nobody has a clue what you're on about so post some links to examples of the specific sound you're referring to.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Until you clarify, my only thought is to make sure you're bending in tune.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
vibrato, delay and power. Bend agressive to sound agressive (but stay in tune hehe)
Ya know....

Chorus is probably one of the most underrated effects. You dont need to crank it up to the point where you sound like you're playing a Black Label Society intro...but a touch of chorus can improve Harmonics and add some weight to your tone making it more full and rich.

Also..a high gain tube amp can give you dramatic bends that a solid state typically cant deliver. I dont think that any additional accessories are creating those bends.

Common suggestions are pinch harmonics and Wah pedals...but a good tube amp really cranked will give you a dramatic bend that sounds like something in the amp is alive. Just dont forget that chorus will definitely help if you are into dramatic bends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZZch5uDNks&feature=related 4:09 mark

Im thinking this is what you are referring to...Am I even close?
I immediately thought of Angus. He can do those crazy bends with no wah. His vibrato is amazing..but even with no vibrato..That saturation is ever present. It is usually associated with Marshalls..and sells a lot of amps for them...but many Numetal bands are starting to have people associate it with Peavey's high gain models. It sounds like you may need a tube amp with more horsepower. Just dont limit yourself to industry standards because you can miss out on a great amp sometimes that isnt very well known. If you cant achieve these bends without pedals on the dirty channel, don't buy the amp. Pedals are great but you dont want to have to push the amp to the breaking point to get those notes to come out.

Quote by Dangertux
Definitely technique. But also delay and reverb used properly can make bends seem like they go on for miles. (be weary of delay when practicing though it hides sloppy playing fairly well)

Quote by rickyj
neck pickup?

These are some other good tips. Quoted for Truth.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Apr 9, 2011,
It's in your hands man. Give me a Squier Strat and a Line 6 and I can make I scream with just a little bit of vibrato. I'm not saying that I'm so great, I'm saying that I can put feeling into it.

Just work on your finger strength, develop your style of vibrato, and make it scream.
maybe double bends? a lot of music i listen to uses it
example:
E|12----|
B|15b--|
just bend the D note on the B string and you'll get a really powerful bend, with enough gain
an example in a song is the first bend in the solo to nothing else matters by metallica
Last edited by Sanity Pretense at Apr 10, 2011,
Quote by Sanity Pretense
maybe double bends? a lot of music i listen to uses it
example:
E|12----|
B|15b--|
just bend the D note on the B string and you'll get a really powerful bend, with enough gain
an example in a song is the first bend in the solo to nothing else matters by metallica

The first bend in the solo of Nothing Else Matters is not a unison bend, it's a doublestop bend like this:
E|---------------
B|----15--------
G|----14b------

OT: Vibrato and making sure you stay in tune when you bend really helps a lot.
Ibanez: RGD2127Z
Ibanez: RG1527
Ibanez: RG1570
Ibanez: S7420
Ibanez: JS100
Dean: Razorback Cemetery Gates
Peavey: 6505+
Fractal Audio: Axe FX II mark 2
Mesa Boogie: Recto 4x12

7>6! Join the 7-string legion!
^ this.

It's all technique. You HAVE to use your EARS while bending and good vibrato polishes it off.

Keep practicing, play along with songs and practice your bends until you comfortably match the correct pitch of the original bend in the song