I know people here on UG often recommend Audacity for good free recording software, but what about free video recording software? Not looking to do anything complicated, just upload some covers to youtube.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks everyone
Quote by L.A.P.D.
I know people here on UG often recommend Audacity for good free recording software

No they don't, they'll always recommend Reaper

Also what you're trying to do would probably be capable of being done in WMM/iMovie... but yeah I'll be lurking this thread also because I'm in a dire need to upgrade >_>
I figured Windows Movie Maker could be used to sync up and export the video and audio I record.

However what I need is software that can record via my webcam which then can be imported into something like WMM
Apparently old versions of WMM used to be able to record video directly from webcams, but not anymore since vista, fuuuu.
Quote by L.A.P.D.
Apparently old versions of WMM used to be able to record video directly from webcams, but not anymore since vista, fuuuu.

Yeah. They decided to make it a part of Windows Live Essentials and basically break their own product.