I will now have the mental picture of a transvestite caveman for the rest of the day.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by NothingRocks
Effeminate male =/= gay or at least not always.

Even so, it's quite unusual

Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
maybe it was just a bad joke by his friends, who knows?
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by beadhangingOne
Gives a whole new meaning to homo erectus.

ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by beadhangingOne

Damn! Beat me to it.

I thought this would be an onion article at first. But that's hilarious, the other cavemen were like "Rodrigo is so gay, lets bury him on his left side with some jugs"
Quote by Oroborous
Damn! Beat me to it.

I thought this would be an onion article at first. But that's hilarious, the other cavemen were like "Rodrigo is so gay, lets bury him on his left side with some jugs"

return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Hm, this will be interesting for analyzing how gay has spread over the years.

Seriously though are those archaeologists drunk? They'd get so much shit if they presented that hypothesis at my university. It's a pretty big assumption of theirs.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by beadhangingOne

Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Kensai
Hm, this will be interesting for analyzing how gay has spread over the years.

Seriously though are those archaeologists drunk? They'd get so much shit if they presented that hypothesis at my university. It's a pretty big assumption of theirs.

Do you have any other ideas of why a 5000yo man would be buried in such a way?

This is an interesting find, I wonder how many of these types of burials are found.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Apr 7, 2011,
******s everywhere
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Alucard817

This is an interesting find, I wonder how many of these types of burials are found.

It's a huge assumption because there are so few burials still intact from that time period. It could just be a microculture thing. If they haven't found anything else from that area, that area could just have their own idea of what is the norm. It seems like a case of applying ideas that ring true elsewhere in the world to this particular site and there's no reason why that should happen. It's just laziness and ineptitude on the part of the archaeological team.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Alucard817

Maybe they didn't like him. Could very well be an insult or a mistake. We don't know shit about either.

Oh and

The team carrying out the dig said because of the layout of the grave, it was likely to indicate the person was a transvestite or "third gender", which is sometimes associated in Western Culture with being gay.

Do I have to explain to them why this doesn't apply to "cavemen"?

Quote by Ed Hunter
It's a huge assumption because there are so few burials still intact from that time period. It could just be a microculture thing. If they haven't found anything else from that area, that area could just have their own idea of what is the norm. It seems like a case of applying ideas that ring true elsewhere in the world to this particular site and there's no reason why that should happen. It's just laziness and ineptitude on the part of the archaeological team.

Agreed.
Hmmm, interesting item, but a bit sensationalist.

Firstly, if the date of 2900 to 2500 BC is accurate, then terms such as "early homo-sapien" and "cave man" are not accurate terms. That date actualy corresponds to the back end of the Neolitic Revolution, when agriculture was spreading across the world. In Europe, the Neolithic Revolution had certainly reached the Ukraine by 4000 BC and Poland by 3400 so it's pretty likely that it had reached the Czech Republic by 2900.
So these people more than likely lived in either a permanent housing of some form, probably made from stone and wood, possibly similar to an Iron Age roundhouse, or, if they were still semi-nomadic, something more similar to a more mobile Mongolian yurt. Whatever, it is highly unlikely that they actually lived in caves, which is more of a Pleistocene thing than a Neolithic thing.

Homo-sapiens as a species have been around for at least 200,000 years, which makes these particular remains relatively late examples rather than "early" examples of homo-sapiens.

Because this male was buried like a female, that doesn't necessarily mean he was gay, he could have been a slave or a servant, maybe someone who was forced to act like a woman, or maybe someone who carried out tasks normaly associated with females.
Rather than sexual orientation, it's quite possible that the burial simply denotes social status. He may even have been the maker of the household jugs that surrounded him, so saying that it is "likely is that he was a man with a different sexual orientation" really is jumping to conclusions, it's plausable, but it isn't the only possibilty.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Apr 7, 2011,
Quote by JamieB

Walker asked Stephens why he was barking to which he allegedly replied: "the dog started it".

Quote by SlackerBabbath
Hmmm, interesting item, but a bit sensationalist.

Firstly, if the date of 2900 to 2500 BC is accurate, then terms such as "early homo-sapien" and "cave man" are not accurate terms. That date actualy corresponds to the back end of the Neolitic Revolution, when agriculture was spreading across the world. In Europe, the Neolithic Revolution had certainly reached the Ukraine by 4000 BC and Poland by 3400 so it's pretty likely that it had reached the Czech Republic by 2900.
So these people more than likely lived in either a permanent housing of some form, probably made from stone and wood, possibly similar to an Iron Age roundhouse, or, if they were still semi-nomadic, something more similar to a more mobile Mongolian yurt. Whatever, it is highly unlikely that they actually lived in caves, which is more of a Pleistocene thing than a Neolithic thing.

Homo-sapiens as a species have been around for at least 200,000 years, which makes these particular remains relatively late examples rather than "early" examples of homo-sapiens.

Because this male was buried like a female, that doesn't necessarily mean he was gay, he could have been a slave, maybe someone who was forced to act like a woman, or a servant, maybe someone who carried out tasks normaly associated with females.
Rather than sexual orientation, it's quite possible that the burial simply denotes social status. He may even have been the maker of the household jugs that surrounded him, so saying that it is "likely is that he was a man with a different sexual orientation" really is jumping to conclusions, it's plausable, but it isn't the only possibilty.

(Invalid img)

Thank you.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127
(Invalid img)

Thank you.

It's also possible that his tribe, like many tribes today, required a person to go through a 'rite of passage' before they would consider him as a man, and that this individual simply hadn't gone through one at the time of death.
More bizarre, he may have been born a hermaphrodite, causing someone who was physicaly and skeletaly a male to have been raised as a female, eventualy causing him to take on more of an outwardly female appearence. With only skeletal remains to go on, we wouldn't know if this was the case or not.

He may even have had his genetalia removed in battle, causing others to consider that he should have a woman's social status, or maybe he had a medical condition, or an old wound that made him unable to carry out a male lifestyle of fighting wars and hunting.

There really are quite a lot of possibilites when we sit down and consider it, but the fact is, we simply don't know anything about the culture of these people, all we know is basicaly where they lived and how they were buried, so it's possible that there were all sorts of cultural reasons for a man to be buried in the manner of a woman.
For all we know, women may have been revered in that particular tribe, we know from Venus Figurines that the Mother Goddess was worshipped throughout Europe at the time so it's plausable that women were much more respected back then than we often give them credit for, so burying him like one may have even been a mark of respect. For instance, if he had children and their mother had died in childbirth, he may have had to take on the role of a mother, so he could have been buried as an honourary mother.

It's interesting to note that whenever an archeologist finds a woman buried like a man surrounded by weapons, she's generaly considered to have been a great leader or a warrior, but practicaly never a lesbian.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Apr 7, 2011,
Quote by beyondthegrave
maybe he was a homophobe so they trolled him when he died?

Wouldn't that be funny?
Imagine the biggest homophobe you know, then imagine burying him in a lovely pink dress, one that's been treated with chemicals so that it never rots away.
Like in every report about a scientific discovery in mainstream media, they take a single word that might have been dropped amongst a bunch of other words and make it seem like that's all the archaelogists said.

Daily Fail: "Oh hey Mr. Archaeologist sir, what does this new finding imply?"

Indy: "Well you see, me and my associate SlackerBabbath here think that this could imply a various number of things: Seeing as though blablabla blablabbla (just read what slacker wrote), he could have been maimed in battle, raised as a "lesser" male, he could have been a transvestite or homosexual, he could have been a slave who-"

Daily Fail: "Wait, he was a gay tranny? Thank you very much Mr. Archaeologist."

Indy: "What? No, I said that it's a single possibility out of dozens, and since there have been relatively few findings it's hard to say if we will ever know for sure what-"

Daily Fail: "Gay tranny, got it."

Indy:

Last edited by CoreysMonster at Apr 7, 2011,
Quote by the bartender

I will now have the mental picture of a transvestite caveman for the rest of the day.

Sven: "Og, sshould I wear the minxth or the foxthfur with my lace-up moccathins?"
Og: "Ngh..?!"
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
I never would have assumed there weren't gay cavemen.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by beadhangingOne

Win x 10^300
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Quote by Dirge Humani
I was more confused at how they usually buried men on the right side, head facing west, but managed to bury this guy on his left, head still facing west.

Did they twist his neck all the way around? Or bury him upside-down?

I was at first too, but they must have the guy on his right's head towards the North, and the guy on his left's head towards the south.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I bet they weren't gay, I bet they were bisexual, and so were the women.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by miss_muso~
Sven: "Og, sshould I wear the minxth or the foxthfur with my lace-up moccathins?"
Og: "Ngh..?!"

?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I'm inclined to agree with Slackerbabbath... Intriguing, but hardly conclusive. We know so little of the actual culture of these people.
However, we know that many primitive cultures allowed or even thought highly of members who were either homosexual or (as they say these days) "differently gendered".
Numbers of Amerind tribes allowed homosexual men to simply put aside "male" things like being a warrior or hunter, and to essentially assume women's roles.
Everybody knows the French invented homosexuality.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void