And I'd like to show you my cover of "Facepeeler" by Taproot. I used the guitar tone of Stone Sour's "Audio Secrecy" and tuned down to B to give the song a more agressive vibe.

This is also only at beta stage. Them crazy reverse delay fx in the verse still need to be adjusted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH0AEz1FEMc

Stuff used:
Guitars: TH2 + ToneVampIRe 2.0
Bass: Waves CLA Bass
Drums: Superior Drummer 2
Keyboards: NI Kontakt 4
Mastering: Izotope Ozone

Tell me your thoughts!
Hey, very good job.
In 3:39-3:55 is missing something I think. I mean, some other guitar doing something (other notes). It's only my impression.
The drum set doesn't sound like sampler to me. What did you use?

Keep it going!
Quote by pucio
Hey, very good job.
The drum set doesn't sound like sampler to me. What did you use?

Keep it going!

Now that is the biggest compliment anyone has ever given me!
I spent hours and hours programming, mixing and integrating the drum track into the song. I needed it to be as loud as possible in psychoacoustic respect.

It's actually SD2 with the "Hit Factory" expansion kit. I really worked hard on the compressors and transients for each instrument. To integrate it into the whole arrangement I set up two limiter stages. The first one to seperate the instruments with side chaining and to get maximum volume - the second one I set up to kinda "duck" the snare under the cymbals and the guitars. In my opinion, this emphasises the loudness of the guitars.

And you're right about that bridge part. I'll try to look into it once again.

Thanks for the comment!
Wow i agree with pucio those are some real sounding drums. Nice guitar tone, I've not familar with the song or the tone that you said it was similar to, but it is very good. Really nice cover if this is only the beta version then the finished versions going be amazing
Damn man when the riff kicked in, that guitar tone was awesome. It is very well mixed and has outstanding guitar and the drums feel real. Reminds me of Breaking Benjamin, i don't know the song but the tone is good.
Also sorry to post twice, but can i ask how you got that tone on the guitar? We use a type of drumming software, it turns out pretty nicely but how did you get yours to sound so real?
Quote by Arby77

Damn man when the riff kicked in, that guitar tone was awesome. It is very well mixed and has outstanding guitar and the drums feel real. Reminds me of Breaking Benjamin, i don't know the song but the tone is good. Also sorry to post twice, but can i ask how you got that tone on the guitar? We use a type of drumming software, it turns out pretty nicely but how did you get yours to sound so real?

Thanks man!
The guitars are two impulses of the left- and right channel tone of Stone Sour's "Audio Secrecy" album. These are impulses of famous guitar tones, rather than of actual speaker cabinets.
I don't know, if I'm supposed to link to a thread in a different forum, so if you're interested just google "ToneVampIRe". They're free and popular among cover musicians.

The drum track is the best I've made so far. It would take hours to explain everything but there's a nice article on mixing drums on the SoundOnSound website, which helped me a lot.

By the way, if you're interested in Breaking Benjamin, here's another cover of mine:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1429498

Thanks dude!
This is amazing. What recording hardware did you use by the way? The drum tone is amazing, the snare being one of my biggest hills to climb over, I can never get it to sound too real, but you did an amazing job, the guitar work itself seemed spot on, and you probably spent hours upon hours on this, and I'm very interested in the process, if you could PM these forums and sites where you learned, I'll spend time looking at it.

Great playing, great tones, exceptional job.
Poop.

Yes, poop.