I'm freaking practicing it with guitar pro at 0.50x normal speed!!!
Is that ok?

I can't even get past the

a --------4--
e -4-5-7---2

part at normal speed because my stupid small pinky mutes the a string when I pick!!

So freakin' hard!! So frustrated at myself!!

Apr 8, 11:

I can produce the sound now but not so clearly. I feel some improvement in my playing.
I decided to try Cliffs of Dover first. I have already memorized the first solo and first verse but I can't play it up to speed yet. More progress though compared to Scarified.

\m/ Yeah!
Last edited by jedi_obigwan at Apr 8, 2011,
Speed is a byproduct of accuracy.
All in good time my friend.

Also try arching your fingers more.. might help.
when I started playing I thought the into riff to Technical Difficulties was the hardest thing in the world.

Two years later I got that thing on lockdown, easy.

just practice, I assure you, those guys did NOT get good over night.It took years, and years of practice
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by Silent Murder
Speed is a byproduct of accuracy.
All in good time my friend.

Also try arching your fingers more.. might help.

Well said!
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
It took me like a year and half practicing to play that riff comfortably. Can't imagine right how long is gonna take me to nail down the solo...
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by jedi_obigwan
I'm freaking practicing it with guitar pro at 0.50x normal speed!!!
Is that ok?

I can't even get past the

a --------4--
e -4-5-7---2

part at normal speed because my stupid small pinky mutes the a string when I pick!!

So freakin' hard!! So frustrated at myself!!

What's the hardest song you can currently play comfortably and without mistakes.

Throughout your guitar playing life there'll be some goals that are realistic and some that aren't - which category this song falls into lagrely depends on how good you are at the moment.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
That still doesn't give us any indication of your current abilities, whch will in turn enable people to give you the best advice possible.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm not familiar with this song but can't it be played like this:

a ------2-4--
e -4-5------2

Like I said I'm not familiar with the song so it's possible that this makes something else more difficult
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
The hardest songs I can play are: "Setsunasa Yori Mo Tooku e" and "1/3 Junjou na Kanjou" both by Siam Shade. Japanese.
Bump. I haven't attempted Scarified for two days now. Memorized the verse - chorus of Cliffs of Dover and can play it now about 0.7x speed. Still can't nail the solo, too fast for me.

No advice? : (