Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone here had seen the news about ampeg releasing this summer some new Guitar amps ?

I saw a few clips of them and I was pretty excited. Are there any info yet ? what can we expect in terms of pricing ? I'm really interested in the 15 watt, if you can get the same kind of fuzzy overdrien tones the 50 watts seems to get, that would be an awesome amp.

If the pricing is anything like the tiny terror, or other 15 watters, that could be incredible for people after stoner rock tones with low wattage. Plus it has an effect loop .
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
BTW, here's a link for people who haven't seen them yet: http://www.ampeg.com/products/gvt/

The clip on the 50w is pretty cool .
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Seems no one give a F*ck... too bad .
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
I'd be interested in hearing one. They are obviously trying to cash in on the SVT's deserved fame. Big shoes to step into there.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I'd be interested in hearing one. They are obviously trying to cash in on the SVT's deserved fame. Big shoes to step into there.

Have you ever played an Ampeg guitar head (V2, V4, V50H etc)? They are pretty incredible for sure
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Do you guys think these amps would get a good stoner rock tone ?

If the 15 watt head was more or less in the pricerange of the tiny terror or the night train, it would be great. Do you guys think it's a realistic pricerange ?
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
I have a 1977 Ampeg VT-40. It's been in my family since 1977.

I don't think the new Ampeg GVT series can live up to Ampegs reputation.
I wouldn't buy one regardless of the sound it makes, I've got my VT-40 which is clearly the superior guitar amp. There's a small amount of the 77' VT-40 in the world currently as it was made for only one year.
One thing that I really dislike about the GVT's:
The black sparkle grille cloth... Did they run out of the ****ing awesome blue weave grille cloth?

One thing I've also noticed:
Every time Ampeg tried to make an amp with Distortion built-in, the distortion always sucked and the people who bought the amp disliked it. The GVT series has distortion. See the connection?

And my last point:
Ampegs are now made in China. They are also no longer designed in North America, they are designed by some asians over in Japan. Not saying that's a bad thing, but the Japanese have different tastes. I ****ing hate Loud Technologies as they ****ed Ampeg and Crate by outsourcing.

"In 2005, Ampeg, and its parent company, St. Louis Music (also makers of Crate amps) were purchased by Loud Technologies (LTEC on the NYX). In March 2007, Loud ceased production of Ampeg and Crate at the manufacturing facility in Yellville, AR, outsourcing the manufacture of Ampeg and Crate to contract manufacturers in Asia. In May, 2007, Loud closed and sold the plant in Yellville, AR and also closed the Ampeg and Crate engineering department in St. Louis, MO, preferring to have new models designed by their own engineers, as well as an Asian engineering group. These moves have been strongly questioned 'on the streets', as it has raised concerns about the overall quality, especially among Ampeg users. A major selling point for Ampeg in the past was that it was designed and made in America."--Active Musician

If I had a couple billion dollars, I would buy Ampeg and restore it to it's former glory.
/rant
..I was watching my death.
Its still a step in the right direction.....also in regards to the stoner rock tone, you probably would want the 50 watter as stoner rock usually requires much more headroom for bottom end. Try tracking down a V50H. I got mine for $150 (all tube, made in USA)
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Have you ever played an Ampeg guitar head (V2, V4, V50H etc)? They are pretty incredible for sure

I've played a few. I don't like their SS ones but the old valve ones I've played were very nice.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification