Sup fellas. I need help choosing an amp. Im buying a new setup, the one i have just aint gonna cut it anymore. (It was the ibanez metal starter pack)

I already picked out a guitar. Just need to find out between these two amps:

Line 6 Spider IV 30 30W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

Peavey Vypyr 30 30W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

I play a lot of metal and rock. Mainly Metallica, the reason I picked up a guitar in the first place. :p

So any suggestions or comments? Thank you.
Out of those two, the Vyper.
What's your budget? Do you gig or is it mostly bedroom play?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Honestly, going from a 15w shit practice amp to a 30w entry level modelling amp is not an upgrade. It's a shit waste of money.

I've never played the Vypyr but everybody here loves it more or less, and everyone hates the Spider. I own a Spider, and I like it for what it is. I would even recommend it.

But if you're spending 300 some on an amp (assuming $300 is your budget) get the JCA 20H + 1x12 cabinet. It's a much more quality amp, and with a few pedals down the road, it can do any sound you want really.
I can't comment on Jet city and of the other cheap modellers (other than the spider) compared to what he wants I'd figure the vypyr is better.

If you play a vypyr you'll know why people prefer it to most of the other modellers.
The Vypyr sounds better and has more versatility/functionality than the Spider.

That said, what is your budget?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Koshman32
Out of those two, the Vyper.
What's your budget? Do you gig or is it mostly bedroom play?

My mind is set to spend about $200 for an amp, and its for bedroom play.
Quote by Akpsp
My mind is set to spend about $200 for an amp, and its for bedroom play.

You can get a used Vypyr 30 for $125-150, and get a Sanpera I for $50-60, used. It would be the best application of your budget.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Get the vypyr. I have one, and they're amazing. My friend has a Line 6 and loves it, but I don't care for it. I'd suggest trying them both out first and draw your own conclusion.
Update: I bought the Peavey Vypyr, its on its way right now.
Quote by marianoarnaiz
I would say TUBE AMP!!! go a check Blackstar Amplifiers. www.blackstaramps.co.uk/

good stuff for metal, good price too

Yeah tube amp is totally not in the price range, and also FWIW Dimebag used Solid State amps till 2004.

I have been saying this alot recently: Fender Mustang all the way! I paid $309 for my Mustang III and I havent found anything close to it in that price range.