So i just got my learners permit, and i am honestly paranoid of driving. I'm so afraid ill crash or something.
Any tips guys?
SNSD
Clutch, shift, release clutch and press on gas at the same time.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Don't forget to put the pedal to the floor when you start the car or you'll burn the starter out trying to start the car with no gas. It's really easy to forget since you can't really see people's feet in movies and shows but that's how it's done.
Quote by G.Krizzel
First, you should make your mind up:

Which seat can you take?

+1
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Don't sweat it too much dude. Just start simple, driving a car isn't really that difficult (although judging from how most people drive you would think it is.)
Quote by spanishyanez
Clutch, shift, release clutch and press on gas at the same time.

This is the best advice that will be given in this thread.

But seriously the more you drive the less paranoid you'll get, just drive as often as you can.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Find a long, empty stretch of road near your house (there's an industrial area right behind my house, and the main road is always empty). Drive up and down it until you're comfortable with your car. If you can't find a road, try a parking lot at night, when the store is closed.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by offthewall91
This is the best advice that will be given in this thread.

But seriously the more you drive the less paranoid you'll get, just drive as often as you can.

I was gonna say press the gas all the way down until you hear the engine build up then clutch with the gas still pressed, shift, and let go of the clutch as quick as you can, but I am not that mean XD

and
Quote by G.Krizzel

#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Last edited by spanishyanez at Apr 7, 2011,
if you are nervous, have a couple of drinks, it helps.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Just take it slow, man. I felt the exact same way. Start out in a rural place where there's not a ton of traffic so you can work on turning. That's how I started. After that, drive to places that you're familiar with the roads, like school or something. It all comes with time. Focus on the task.
Just take it slow. People behind you will be unhappy, but they can go **** a ****.
Make sure you're going fast enough not to get pulled over, but not TOO fast.
Otherwise, it's just about being careful. Check your mirrors frequently, go slow through turns (not following that bit is why my car is bumper-less), and pay attention to other drivers around you. They're the real danger.

You'll do fine kid.
Quote by Lots O' FX
There's a guy named, I shit you not, Hunter Goldhammer. I have never met him, I only heard his name over the PA, but I assume he's a dwarf paladin.

Quote by skwelcher
I'm like the real life version of the socially awkward penguin.
Quote by ecvMatt
if you are nervous, have a couple of drinks, it helps.

But have some donuts on ya, cuz there are these evil people called police who want you to be nervous.

So if you get pulled over by these evil fiends, throw a donut into the highway and watch em play "Dodge-car"
Quote by spanishyanez
I was gonna say press the gas all the way down until you hear the engine build up then clutch with the gas still pressed, shift, and let go of the clutch as quick as you can, but I am not that mean XD

Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
If you're driving auto, you'll have nothing to worry about. You barely have to think really. If you're riving manual, it's kinda tricky to start with but it becomes second nature after a while
Get in a crash and see if it's as scary as you think.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
start in a large parking lot to get to know how your car handles. from there, move to residential neighborhoods. don't go on highways or really busy streets unless you need to until you feel comfortable.

I think I was driving around in a parking lot for at least a week or 2 before I even drove on the road. nothing to worry about, just don't be a jagoff and you'll be fine.
I Like Green!
Quote by G.Krizzel

Nice one.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Don't do what my dad did and fall asleep when driving and awake to be found in a ditch surrounded by police
Signatureless. And this doesn't count. Because I said so.
I'm too scared of driving too but I really want a classic Lambretta, the only thing I'm worried about is not knowing where to park really I know it's a weird fear.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Drivings not too bad, I had to make my way home while I was still tripping a little bit on acid the other day, so you should do fine. It's only hard the first few times in my experience, and I learned how to in a tiny ass little Ford Focus in the middle of one of the heaviest snowfalls of the winter.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab