Hey UG!
When soloing, what would be the proper angling on my wrist/hand for muting unwanted string noise?
If i angle my hand slighty downwards, so my thumb points down approximately at my wiener, i feel that i can cover more of the unused strings. But this method feels a little weird for me, might be because it's something i'm not used to.
The other way is to keep my thumb linear with the strings, so it points up to the neck of the guitar. This is how im doing it, when im palm muting the strings with purpose.

So when soloing, how should i angle and place my hand? Should i use one of these methods, or is there another way?

Thanks in advance
You need to find the balance. It has to work for you and also feel comfortable. We can't really tell you what to do here. Everyone has their own style and their own way of playing. Just take a look at Marty Friedman. I can't imagine how his technique could ever be comfortable, but it works for him and that all that matters.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I just checked him on Youtube, and damn that's a weird technique!
Though it seems to work for him at least.
Thank you for your response, i'll keep working with my new method, as i get a more cleaner tone doing that!