first off i'd like to apologise if this is in the wrong forum, it was either GB&C or GG&A (technically a pedalboard is an accessory right?)

anyway, in the 'planning' stages right now.

the concept came about for a number of reasons really, one being that my pedals randomly moved about if knocked or whatever which was kinda annoying as they're on carpet... and two because i'm bored and need something to do with my time off work.

so raided the shed and found quite a lot of this stuff:

i believe it's pine but don't quote me on that, if anyone would like to tell me otherwise then please do!

[it is NOT cheapo thin laminate flooring. it's solid wood, and about an inch thick. we have it in our living room downstairs, bought it from costco a few years back. got LOADS left over.]

anyway this is how i'd want my pedals set out...

again, if you could suggest a better 'path' for the signal to go then please say so. i just threw them on there in a random order tbh.

anyway yeh, got some of these bits, laid em on my bedroom floor and put the pedals on top to see if it'd go.

here's what it looked like:

the bit of wood down the right is signalling where i'd cut, that'd be the edge of the pedalboard where that is, the slight bits to the right of that are the bits getting chopped off.

here's my (rather shit) drawing/plan of how i'd want it to turn out, really cba doing it on paint or google Sketchup or anything, just pen, ruler, paper and a camera xD
oh... and some green highlighter pen to mark out where the pedals would go...

so yeh guys, what i'm asking is a couple of things.

1. would it work????
2. how long do you reckon it'd take to build? (i've got until sunday off work, could i get it done in a few days?)
3. how would you suggest i stuck it all together? ie. nails, screws, glue...

and

4. could you give me links to any velcro-esque stuff that will keep the pedals in place? i know there's stuff out there for that, i just don't know what's good and what's bad.

thank you!

any questions, feel free to ask.

Jack.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
not sure on the build itself, but I had bought some velcro off ebay and it worked a charm. the pedals didn't move inside my pedal-bag.. the elctroharmonix one.. Was easier for me..
1. would it work????
I can't see why it wouldn't. You seem to have put a lot of thought into this.

2. how long do you reckon it'd take to build? (i've got until sunday off work, could i get it done in a few days?)
I built one in a matter of hours. But saying that, I already had the materials and tools in the shed. I cant see it taking longer than a day, if nice n dry outside.

3. how would you suggest i stuck it all together? ie. nails, screws, glue...
I used screws and glue. Screwed it together at the major contact/structural points and glued it where I thought it was necessary just as a precaution.
and

4. could you give me links to any velcro-esque stuff that will keep the pedals in place? i know there's stuff out there for that, i just don't know what's good and what's bad.
Sadly I can't, I didn't use velcro on mine as I felt gravity and the rubber feet on the pedals was enough to stop em slipping and sliding.

Have fun building your board.
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange
v
Fender 75

welsh?

FOR SALE: PEDALS
looks like oak to me. is it coated?
should work fine, if all you plan to do it build, with no paint or stain, a couple hours should be plenty.

I used velcro, got a pack of 2in roll from walmart for like 6 bucks.
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
UPDATE:

so the glue gun ran outta glue (that's what i was using to stick it all together) and gonna buy more in the morning, then going to play snooker, then gonna carry on in the afternoon.

here's what it looks like so far:

gonna cut all the overhangs off when i get a chance,

here's some extra bits i'm gonna use to make legs/a stand so it angles more towards me:

and just because i felt like it, i took a family portrait of my electric guitars... the one at the top you can't see the headstock to is mah fender Classic Player 60's Strat xD

will continue posting here tomorrow when i've finished (i'm pretty sure i'll finish it tomorrow)

peace.
Quote by dsss guitars
The woodworkers among us are cringing........Sorry

no worries, i'm going for function over fashion. gonna add some blue fairy lights and make it look pretty xD
sarcasm... but i'm still gonna do it...
You probably already know this, but you should of cut the wood to size first before you put it together. It might be a bit challenging to cut off the over hangs now as its a bigger piece.
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange
v
Fender 75

welsh?

FOR SALE: PEDALS
For the side piece, I reccomend you do a design like this:

I made that using paint in about 40 seconds.

The reasons to use this design:
Cables can run under the bottom edge rather than having to go out back and around the pedalboard.
Reduced chances that guitar patch cable will go on the pedalboard and wreak havoc(Changing settings, etc.).
It also makes it look much better and professional.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by friji
You probably already know this, but you should of cut the wood to size first before you put it together. It might be a bit challenging to cut off the over hangs now as its a bigger piece.

stepdad is a joiner so has literally thousands of pounds worth of tools including power saws etc, so just gonna use his tabletop saw thing. it's not a real issue tbh.

Quote by timbit2006
For the side piece, I reccomend you do a design like this:

I made that using paint in about 40 seconds.

The reasons to use this design:
Cables can run under the bottom edge rather than having to go out back and around the pedalboard.
Reduced chances that guitar patch cable will go on the pedalboard and wreak havoc(Changing settings, etc.).
It also makes it look much better and professional.

also i have modified it a little, having the 'stands' like this:

here's what it looks like head on (from the back, and upside down)

so that there's less angle for my ankles for the wah (my ankles aren't the best around tbh) and also so the front edge is a little off the floor.

still hoping for blue fairy lights xD i've got them, just not 100% sure how to attach them or in what pattern to attach them... bit thats an afterthought for now.
Last edited by Dempsey68 at Apr 7, 2011,
That's it! I'm confused.
I'm not sure what is what on your pedalboard. Clearly not the traditional design.
If I can find my camera's cable, I'll take pictures of my pedalboard and put them on my profile if you want to have a look at it.
..I was watching my death.
Yeah,im planning to build a pedalboard since i dont want to waste any money on buying it. Im intending to make a "closed" pedalboard so i can carry very easy. Ill post when i have finished it.
i r confus.

I have no clue whats going on in that last picture you have.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
yeh looks like not a lot of people do... basically it's upside down, and looking at it head on from the front. the bit sticking out is getting chopped off so it's all nice and square.
This is funny. You have lots of wood that you won't cut, but you have the tools so you're gonna assemble a pedalboard thats 2x bigger than you need and mismatched, then cut it after. Just get a measuring tape and cut stuff beforehand, and don't make so many cross beams on the inside, get a couple clamps and some woodglue and you'll be done. Looks like you're trying to cut corners so far and just making something to throw pedals on. Do it right once, rather than wrong twice.