Hey, bit confused at the moment.

I wanted to write the short hand for the notes:

Gb Bbb Db F Ab and Eb.

Which is this formula:
1, b3, 5, M7, 9th 11th.

When searched on Google I only really found replies for a minM9 chords. So I was wondering if you'd notate it as GbminM11 or GbminM9(add11)

I guess the later is easier to read?

Cheers
GUITAR!!!!!
The 11 is B natural (Cb)

Gb minor is a train wreck of flats -- let's look at it enharmonically as F# for the moment.

F# A C# E# G# B

Are you sure you need the 9 there?

F# minor Major 7 add 11 would probably be the more common name for the chord (maybe add 9 add 11)

But the chord is built off of F#min(Major 7)

x 9 11 10 10 9

Add the 11 :

x 9 7 10 10 9

Or

2 4 3 4 2 x (no third)

2 O 3 2 4 x

Check my spelling!

If you are looking to play F# A C# E# G# D# .. that is a sharp13 on top .. er ... let the piano player do it!!
Hey! Cheers for the help. I did make a mistake, basically I'm looking for a chord with them notes in it and what it's notated as.

Basically, it's a stupid geeky thing but you guys'll probably appreciate it.

Winding down last night I was watching a TV show on my laptop(for the sake of my reputation I will not be naming it). On this show one character asks a guitarist what their ambition for life. Their reply was:

"E-flat diminished ninth... The E-flat, is fine. But it's that diminished ninth... It's a man's chord."

At this point I had to pause the entire thing and spend the next five minutes going "Isn't a diminished 9th the same as an octave!?" Then having figured it out I ended up writing down Ebdim(add9) chords to see how hard it really was.

So after that, I discussed it with a mate who said, as a joke "Shove a sus4 in there." So that's what I'm trying to do.

I'm aware that you can't get a diminished chord with a sus4 so I'm trying to figure out what a Ebdim(add9add11) is instead and what it would be easier notated as. That's when I realised alot of the same notes suited a Gbmin chord.

So Ebdim(add9add11) is

Eb Gb Bbb F Ab

And the chord I've made has:

Gb Bbb Db F and Ab.

Then I decided I needed to put an Eb in it, as that's the route of the chord I was starting with anyway. So I shoved that in too. (That's where I made a mistake as said 11th, I meant, 13th. Sorry this has exhausted my brain)

So basically, the chord I've got consists of:

Gb Bbb Db F Ab Eb.
R, m3, 5, M7, 9th, 13th.

All I wanna know, I guess, is how the hell do I name that? Haha. I was thinking a GbminM13 but then when I googled it, every chord generator I came across just went up to Minor-Major 9ths and didn't go any higher up. Can you notate something a minor-major13th? Or should you write Minor-Major9th(add11add13)?

Although in this case I guess it would be a GbminM9(add13)?

Oh God, someone please help. I feel like I'm about to explode. Haha!

Cheers!
GUITAR!!!!!
Ha ha!

Call it "Fred"!

A grouping of notes can have a bunch of names ... think of it in terms of function

If this is the base chord in a progression -- or the chord that other stuff resolves to then you are looking at a i chord over the harmonic minor scale. A lot of guys will just play Gbmin7, Gbmin(Maj7) gives it that extra kick.

If you want to add stuff on top of that (9, 11, 13) that will not, in general, change the function of the chord -- it may help fit it with a melody or a progression, but the starting place is still that Gbmin(Maj7).

So i guess you cal call it Gbmin(Maj13) to be slick ... but the idea is the same -- it could be the tonic over a harmonic minor scale.

The fact that it is over Gb harmonic minor makes it double trouble -- all those flats!
Haha! Cheers man, so Gbmin(Maj13) would be understood then if notated? That's my biggest concern, not that I'd ever really use that myself but if you wrote it down people would know to play a Root, b3, 5, Maj7, 9, 11, and 13. I just found it weird that these websites only showed min(maj7) and min(maj9) chords but not the 11 or 13th versions.
GUITAR!!!!!