I recently bought a Dunlop CryBaby wah pedal. However, I'm second guessing myself. I think I should have gone for the Vox, which was my first choice. Point being, I'm looking for an honest opinion of which is really better.
Depends on the models.
The Dunlop GCB-95 is garbage unless you mod it.
I modded mine and I prefer it over the Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie2
I've heard that before, so I bought the original. I figured that if it was good enough for Jimi Hendrix, it probably would work for me.

I'm not too sure, though...
There are so many mods for these things on the net it's ridiculous. Just mod it to do what you want. Off to Google with ya.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Right...

It was some consolation to find out that Vox and Dunlop are owned by the same people, produced in the same factory, and build upon the same principles.
Quote by theRenegades
Right...

It was some consolation to find out that Vox and Dunlop are owned by the same people, produced in the same factory, and build upon the same principles.

wat?
Yes- Vox and Dunlop are part of the same musical conglomerate. You can read more about it online...
Hmm... well, that's just what I was told- so I could be wrong.
I'll check on your information. That makes sense, too.

Thanks for letting me know!
I may be wrong but...years ago, Thomas Organ Company owned Vox and the Crybaby or something similar to that.
But Dunlop DOES NOT OWN VOX.

I need sleep. I'm probably gonna get a rude awakening at 6pm (its almost noon now), to evict some bitch.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 7, 2011,
Quote by theRenegades
I've heard that before, so I bought the original. I figured that if it was good enough for Jimi Hendrix, it probably would work for me.

I'm not too sure, though...

I'm pretty sure jimi hendrix didn't use a modern model crybaby.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Both garbage.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Jimi used the old Thomas Organ Co. wahs I think. Or were his Italian? There were several Crybabys back then, and they are all leagues ahead of the modern ones.

Keep the Crybaby, mod the hell out of it, otherwise they're terrible.

EDIT: Wait, was it like an Italian Vox or something? Google time!

EDIT: Definitely Vox wahs more than Crybaby. I didn't even think the Crybaby name was really used back then. I don't remember though. And I could've sworn I read something about Italian Vox and Hendrix. No idea though.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Apr 7, 2011,
I've always read it was the Vox McCoy was his favorite. I can't find the website I read it on originally anymore though . Could've been JEN, maybe that's what I'm thinking of?
--

--
Yeah for real. There's no telling what that crazy bastard did in the studio.
--

--