BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I would honestly never buy one, they look horrid.
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
Great, more Lawsuit models! LOL
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Yeah, totally aimed right at BC Rich. I think they look stupid, but then again I'm not a pointy-guitar kind of guy...
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Is it bad that I like the Halberd...ALOT?!?!? Honestly, the other shapes are a bit outrageous, but it flesh's out the Ibanez catalog even more. They cover alot of bases, from the adolescent-adored pointy ones to the more prestigious JEMs to the classy Artcore jazz-boxes.
My Equipment:
Ibanez XPT700
Ibanez A200E
Peavey Vypyr 60 w/Sanpera II
Morpheus Droptune

Last edited by Sobriquet at Apr 7, 2011,
The only one I could ever see myself playing is the Falchion, though I'm honestly not fond of any of them.

That said, I think it's really awesome that Ibanez is offering them, as it just makes them that much more of a versatile company.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Can't blame them if there are buyers for them. I'd probably snicker at someone who bought one though.
Quote by Tempoe
Can't blame them if there are buyers for them. I'd probably snicker at someone who bought one though.

Snicker away, 'cause that Halberd in the black/magenta just usurped the ORM1 as next on my list. :p
My Equipment:
Ibanez XPT700
Ibanez A200E
Morpheus Droptune

The two on the right are really ugly :s... the halberd is okay I guess, but not that nice.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
I semi-like the Glaive, but...one looks like a messed-up Xiphos and the other looks like yet another horribly-deformed Strat like the ESP F or the Schecter Avenger IMO. I just want a plain old Flying V from Ibby, with a non-paperthin neck if at all possible, like the Artcores have. D= Is it that hard?
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I dislike pointy guitars and i own 3 b.c.rich guitars 2 strat shaped and 1 mockingbird wich is the pointiest but isnt bad i wouldnt want anything pointier
I think that Ibanez are getting that modern metal is on a rise, they just don't quite get that we're not all satan's children. We are quite happy with superstrat models Ibanez!
If the Halberd has a nice enough neck, I will have to get one.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I think in a guitarworld interview there was a picture of some guy with one of these or a prototype. I think he was from escape the fate.

Anyway, I like elements of some of them, like the falchion's contours but really the halberd just looks like a melted iceman. The glaive body looks fat/wide, which just makes it look kinda funny.
Honk
Ugly, and I play random stars.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Aren't those just Japanese?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I like the halberd in mars shadow, the others i don't really care for for the same reason i don't care for most BC Rich's
Well, on closer inspection, these are all Bolt-On. That is seriously ****ing with my ability to like them, sorta.
My Equipment:
Ibanez XPT700
Ibanez A200E
Morpheus Droptune

double post
My Equipment:
Ibanez XPT700
Ibanez A200E
Morpheus Droptune

The Halberd would be sick with a nice sunburst top or with a black flamed maple top. The other two are terrible... but the Halberd could be rather nice. Reminds me of a Schecter design...
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Halberd looks ok. Best looking Ibanez I've ever seen, thats for sure. It'd look better if it were a 7 or 8 stringer. I just hope they don't have those horrid Wizard necks.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Is it really wrong that I'm kinda GASsing for the Falchion? =/ Get me a 7 string version and I would make love to it. I hope they change them to atleast an Edge Zero II tho... Edge III... EW.
Halberd looks like an off-brand Guitar Hero controller. The other two are horrible looking B.C. Rich wanna-bes.

No new features or anything? I am disappoint.
Squier Strat
Squier Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic
Jay Turser JT-220
Fender Frontman 65r

What can I say? I like cheap gear.
I kinda sorta liked the shape of the third one that I cannot read the name of.

But it's not really my cup of tea. The most extreme Metal shape I love is the Jackson Kelly.

I WOULD like the halberd... If it didn't look like a shitty skinny Forest GT

EDIT: Looking back on it, the Halberd is actually pretty nice... That Mars Shadow... Holy tit balls.
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Apr 8, 2011,
As a massive BC Rich fan, these look hideous. Most riches (especially the older ones up to the intro of the beast) tend to have either straight lines and the occasional curve, or full on curves, but there was method to their madness, every other "pointy" shape just seems to try to copy them, and does a piss poor job.
at least its not only Gibson making ugly new shapes this year.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by 3lusiv3
As a massive BC Rich fan, these look hideous. Most riches (especially the older ones up to the intro of the beast) tend to have either straight lines and the occasional curve, or full on curves, but there was method to their madness, every other "pointy" shape just seems to try to copy them, and does a piss poor job.
I would have to agree in a way. Some older B.C. Rich guitars looks pretty nice. I'd get one.
Quote by biga29
Aren't those just Japanese?

No. I'm not sure if they're going to be released in the US, but this is from ibanez' UK site.
Check out my band! Blues mixed with Indie/Alternative from the UK.
Badlands UK
Page 1 of 2