Sup guys, I'm looking to buy a new guitar and I just went into my local music today to try some out. I tried out a few (PRS's, Gibson's, Ibanez's) but nothing impressed me until I picked up the Fender Blacktop Stratocaster. I love it!

It's so versatile and offers such a range of sounds with the choice of using humbuckers and single coils in almost any combination you choose. I want to buy it ASAP because the shop only has one in stock and I'm worried it might be sold soon. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows or has heard of any problems this guitar has?

Thanks, Joe.
From what I've heard they're pretty good. I certainly haven't seen anybody complaining about them anyway.

I think that's decent praise actually, since my Jackson/Charvel obsession usually means that I rage at the sight of an HH strat that doesn't say Charvel on the headstock...
Pics please!

EDIT: ...you haven't got it yet. woops
Last edited by mnf50 at Apr 7, 2011,
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
I think that's decent praise actually, since my Jackson/Charvel obsession usually means that I rage at the sight of an HH strat that doesn't say Charvel on the headstock...

I know exactly what you mean.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Dude buy it buy it buy it!!!!! I found a strat like that. Played it aginst a PRS SE and it slapped it around.

Went back the next day to buyit cash and it got sold. So yeah jump on that
Quote by reggaebassman
Dude buy it buy it buy it!!!!! I found a strat like that. Played it aginst a PRS SE and it slapped it around.

Went back the next day to buyit cash and it got sold. So yeah jump on that

Dude that is so weird... My shop only has one in stock and I played it against a PRS SE too! The blacktop owned.

I have one last question. Are the pick-ups considered to be good quality?
the pickups are very good. they are the same ones (to my knowledge as i own and researched about the blacktop jaguar) as in the jaguar hh special.

the stratocaster has all mexi strat dimensions, except for the pickups. the 5 way switch also lets you choose between inner and outer coils, or one or the other pickup (plus both together). it's extremely diverse and very comfortable.
Last edited by 00_hns_00 at Apr 10, 2011,