Page 1 of 8
Is there a guitar that everyone else seems to like, but you just can't make yourself like it? Or is there one that everyone else hates, but you actually like? For me, it's a Les Paul. Most people love them, but I just can't get used to them. Too heavy, and I don't like the necks. What are your thoughts?
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Most Gibsons (excluding thier acoustics), BC RICH, Dean.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
SG's ... They're just yakky poopoo guitars!
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
strats...just dont resonate with them..although rg's are fie, tele's are fine..I just cant connect with a fender strat...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Deans, B.C Riches, wangcasters.
They're all horrible looking.
edit: I'm not a big fan of Ibenez guitars either.
Quote by Next Hendrix
Walk in on your wife with another man.
Kill them both.
Go to prison in Louisiana.
Have conversation with the Devil.
Instant harmonica asskickery.
Last edited by Eweman at Apr 7, 2011,
Deans and Ibanez's. The only Ibby i've liked is the JEM series. Only Dean i've liked is the cadillac.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Dean's are all about the looks, cant stand em', its hard to find a decent sounding one,

Not a big fan of Strats either, not enough depth in the sound for me, just my opinion though
Dean guitars, just because of the headstock.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Gibson Flying V, like the other guy said, the rounded corners makes it look silly. B.C. Rich (except their Mockingbird, ASM/Assassin and Eagle models), Dean.

Think that's it.
I'm usually open to pretty much anything. Each guitar is just something new to adapt to, as long as it's in tune and setup atleast half-way decent.
What's with all the Dean hate? They aren't that bad. What's really bad is Epiphone, Laguna, Aria, most Fenders, and Hamer.
I like prog
Quote by I AM DEREK
What's with all the Dean hate? They aren't that bad. What's really bad is Epiphone, Laguna, Aria, most Fenders, and Hamer.

>They aren't that bad.

Yes, they are. Dean don't come close to competing with Fender or Hamer (or epi for that matter).
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Honestly, I can't stand Stratshapes or guitars with thin necks. I find them REALLY uncomfortable.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
les pauls.

i love the iconic rock image, but i've owned a couple and hate the weight and the thick chunky necks.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Don't like the look of les pauls. Don't like any V guitars. And don't like ibanez, for some reason
Strats, LPs, Teles, Explorers, SGs.

I've had USA strats, LP deluxe, and Teles and used an SG quite a bit. I still have a Tele, can't say I love it but I like the tone for some things.

Why...strats, meh, the trem is pretty crap IMO, I had a strat plus with the locking tuners and lace pups, it would never stay in tune well and I prefer split coil humbucker to singles personally.

LP, just way too heavy. I like to have a trem as well.

Teles, well it was designed in the 50s or so and it shows. No ergonomics, I hate the switch and vol/tone placement, simple bridge and recessed input, noisy pups.

All of the above are 22 fret, I like 24.

So I say super strat with FR type trem, contoured body, ergonomic hardware, 24 frets, split coil HSH not too heavy FTW!!
Last edited by Tempoe at Apr 7, 2011,
flying V's and teles teles are ok but pale in comapison to the strat and fenders other stuff IMO
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
I don't like my BC Rich Eagle Copy. It has a Floyd - So hard to set up, So sensitive to tuning, Its hard to palm mute on, I can't even intonate it (Though I might be able to after I replace two parts) AND Two of the pickups are directly mounted to the body - Worthless! I NEED that sweet pickup height spot for sweet tone. Since I was never deep into metal I never bent strings much and this guitar just hangs up, unplayed.

On the other hand, I like my Mosrite Ventures II and I haven't even fully restored it yet. (It doesn't even have pickups in it right now) It could be the easiest playing guitar I own, Though not for string bending. The neck seems pretty comfortable, The body is more comfortable than a Jaguar, The Trem is like a Bigsby but easier to work with and its the lightest guitar I have. My Strat is heavy compared to it.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Apr 7, 2011,
Anything with a stupidly thin neck. Eg. Ibanez.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Never much liked the look of tele's altho i am slightly attracted to those alpine white ones
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
I hate anything with really thin necks, heavy metal shapped guitars, I don't mind Gibson V's and Explorers. I hate fender strats, but I love certain copies that I have played. Just hate how they feel, something isn't right. I also can't stand Epiphone Les Pauls. Something looks terrible about them to me.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Anything with baseball bats for necks (Les pauls, love the weight and shape and sound, but they are just unplayable), Strats, Anything with a floyd. Bc Rich. Wangcaster....
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
i know i am morally sinning here, at least with the rest of you all's general consensus, but...

just cant get along with any ESP/LTD, Schecter, or a rhodes shapped V, and anything pointy

i was playing a ESP horizon II today and tried to like it but i couldn't, the it just doesn't fit me, and the odd thing is that i am used to LP's my main guitars are Gibson Les Pauls. the ESP horizon just felt cheap, didn't feel like it had a lot of time put into the 'fit' of the guitar, the action was fine because that store sets up all of their $1k+ guitars, and their tech is pretty good. i just didn't feel put together right in my hands. i have owned 5 or 6 LTD's in the last year or two, and haven't kept a single one in my aresonal.

schecters just feel cheap to me. and thats reason enough. they play nicely, but they just feel like plastic. i acknowledge they have nice components, but they just feel cheap. and also that the paint feels so thick, it feels like they are mudding these things with drywall mud before they throw the poly on.

and i just hate rhodes V's to play, and thats even odd because 90% of my playing i am standing up.

and i just don't like anything pointy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Banjocal
BC RICH

Quote by Eweman
B.C Riches

You guys don't like Strats and LPs?
never played 1 but never liked bc rich,the shape annoys me,ease up on dean guys,my razorback explosion is pretty damn sweet.
Epiphones are only bad if you get the bottom range stuff, the higher range such as the ULTRA (or at least the ultras from Korea) are really good, imo better than a Gibson studio.
Brands that i dont like Ibanez, the necks are ridiculously thin and the tone aint that good.
BC Rich's and dean razorbacks. Other dean guitars are nice however.
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
I never really cared for Strats. The curvy-ness and colors make them look like something from the 50's.
Basically anything more pointy than an Ibanez RG just looks weird to me.
My guitar playing friends all seem to love them though.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
In terms of electric guitars, I just don't see the point in any guitars apart from Fenders, Gibsons and Gretches. I'll make an exception for G&L seeing as Leo Fender started that company, and also Parker, because they seem to do a few new designs. Really anything else is just a variation on an old (Gibson or Fender) pattern. What happened to innovation. The Tele, the Strat, the Les Paul, the V, they were all massive innovations, copying them and putting EMGs in them isn't innovative, it's lazy design work.
And it's not like the good quality copies are cheaper these days either.
Last edited by TrueBlues at Apr 8, 2011,
Gibsons just feel clunky to me.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100