I wasn't quite sure where to put tihs thread, but this seemed like the most apropiate place.

I recently been getting a bit bored(maybe bored is the wrong term, lets say "familiar") of the music I listen to and I was hoping to get some suggestions from you guys.

I'd like something similar to bands such as Modest Mouse (Not Ugly Casanova or Built to spill, already tried them), La Dispute, The Wombats (Or any decent British mainstream indie).

Anything like that, or just some generally good bands which are worth checking out.
You like you'd be more at home in the Alt & Indie forum. Also, I'd recommend you get a Last.fm account. That's a tool that documents all the songs that you listen to and recommend you bands based on those stats.

Lastly, you might want to consider some trying some more stuff in different genres of music. As a breath of fresh air, so to speak.
old

minus the bear
check out
Highly Refined Pirates
and
menos_el_oso

/thread
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Last edited by the_white_bunny at Apr 7, 2011,
Quote by frankv
You like you'd be more at home in the Alt & Indie forum. Also, I'd recommend you get a Last.fm account. That's a tool that documents all the songs that you listen to and recommend you bands based on those stats.

Lastly, you might want to consider some trying some more stuff in different genres of music. As a breath of fresh air, so to speak.

Oh I do listen to other genres, but I figured as it's a rock music site it would be inapropiate to ask for hip-hop or pop or anything like that.