1st. I need some exercise's for barred chord's, I can do it with my first an middle finger but my ring an pinky need some work. Can you guy's recommend so exercise's for me?

2nd. I am not a huge avengend sevenfold fan, but I like gate's style or the way he use's the sliding technique. I can not wrap my heard around how he is so good at it. Can you guy's give me some exercise's on the sliding technique.
well here is a bare chord exercise:

e|-(1)3-------(1)5--------(1)3---|----(1)1-------(1)1------(0)0-|
b|-(1)3-------(1)5--------(1)3---|----(1)1-------(1)1------(0)0-|
g|-(2)4-------(1)5--------(2)4---|----(2)2-------(1)1------(2)1-|
d|-(4)5-------(4)7--------(4)5---|----(4)3-------(4)3------(4)2-|
a|-(3)5-------(3)7--------(3)5---|----(3)3-------(3)3------(3)2-|

here you have Gmaj Amin Gmaj in the first bar, now practice switching between them (in the () is the finger to use 0=no finger 1=index 2=middle 3=ring 4=pinky) this will help you with six string barre chords and switching between maj and min chord shapes

then theres Fmaj Fmin Emaj practice switching between these as well... this is to show you that the barre chords are the same shape as the open position E chords as well as showing you that there is only one note that changes between maj and min.

b|-(2)4-------(4)7--------(2)4---|----(4)3-------(2)2------(4)2-|
g|-(4)5-------(3)7--------(4)5---|----(3)3-------(4)3------(3)2-|
d|-(3)5-------(2)7--------(3)5---|----(2)3-------(3)3------(2)2-|
a|-(1)3-------(1)5--------(1)3---|----(1)1-------(1)1------(0)0-|
e|-------------------------------|------------------------------|

here is something similar just five string barre chords. the chords in the first one are Cmin Dmaj then Cmin. the second one is Bbmaj Bbmin and Amaj.... just practice them and you'll get it.

and sorry I don't have any exercises for tha avenged slide, because I don't listen to them so I'm not really sure what you are talking about....
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Well what I ment by Barr chord's was, like three string barr chord's on the same fret. I will work on the one's you posted though cause they look fun.
Last edited by Austin174 at Apr 8, 2011,
Quote by Austin174
Well what I ment by Barr chord's was, like three string barr chord's on the same fret. I will work on the one's you posted though cause they look fun.

you mean like power chords in drop tuning? those are easy and if you can get those four shapes down that I posted before you will have no problem doing these
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.