Page 1 of 2
You don't see people conjuring up shitstorms over Elvis impersonators. People need to lighten the hell up.
Anyone who is getting pissed at this needs to get off their high horse. I used to be a massive Nirvana fan and I thought Leto nailed it.
too many voice cracks, kurt never cracked that much. He cracked a lot, but not that much
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Why is it disrespectful?
He is an actor, and a fan. What he did was a compliment to Kurt, how the **** is that disrespectful?

muledit: also ^ that.
RIP Gooze

cats
Who cares? Kurt disrespected people all the time. He made fun of Elvis in his journals, as well as Jerry Garcia, etc.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Apr 7, 2011,
I actually enjoyed this cover. Completely agree with you Patrick L about the elvis impersonators.
Quote by lceman13
The amount of ignorance in this thread is amazing.
If consequences dictate, it's only wrong when we get caught - Tool
Pffft.

I saw this and though Leto had topped himself..

Quite a good impression, though I am sure Kurt would be pretty pissed with the way he is an icon to the guys he sang "In Bloom" for.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
once you've had your face beaten to a ****ing bloody pulp, you're free to do whatever you want!
but yeah, i'm not a 30 Sec. fan, but i quite liked this.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by Tom 1.0
Pffft.

I saw this and though Leto had topped himself..

Quite a good impression, though I am sure Kurt would be pretty pissed with the way he is an icon to the guys he sang "In Bloom" for.

In Bloom is about his best friend Dylan, brah.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

I thought it was a suprisingly likeness to Kurts voice and atleast it shows Leto as a bit more vocal depth and variety to him (I'm not a fan of Leto or his band) But yeah i dont see how its anything bad
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Quote by mulefish
Why is it disrespectful?
He is an actor, and a fan. What he did was a compliment to Kurt, how the **** is that disrespectful?

muledit: also ^ that.

This. Everyone needs to get of their high-horse.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Can someone concisely explain what the big fuss over Kurt Cobain is?
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Did you really have to bring the argument from the comments here?

It was a good cover, I think he would be great in a movie about Kurt.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
In Bloom is about his best friend Dylan, brah.

I always thought it was about the jocks who liked his music but didnt get it

Either way, I dont really care, I think he was a major twat.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
You can always tell what people are put on a pedestal and basically worshiped when mundane tributes and impersonations are received as "disrespectful".

No one is or should be subject to this position of potential disrespect... at least when it comes to something like a tribute or impersonation.

The man's been dead for 17 years. At what point is it considered okay to impersonate him? Tons of people impersonate living AND dead people. So, Kurt Cobain is at such a high level that he can't be portrayed or impersonated? PLEASE. Nirvana is a pretty good hard rock band at best.
Last edited by nincompoop at Apr 7, 2011,
NO big deal.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by Tom 1.0
I always thought it was about the jocks who liked his music but didnt get it

Either way, I dont really care, I think he was a major twat.

It'd be kind of strange to write a song about all the jocks who like your band and put it on the record that made your band popular with the jocks. Unless he had...

....The gift.

Of foresight, I mean.
Quote by vintage x metal

They were hardly a cult act before Nevermind.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Thought the cover was good. All this crap about how he wouldn't have wanted a biopic about himself is pretty irrelevant imo. They didn't make this for Kurt, they made it for people who wanted to watch a biopic about Kurt.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Beautiful
Can someone concisely explain what the big fuss over Kurt Cobain is?

this
i'm Ginger its fun
I thought it was great. Jared Leto is an actor, let him act.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
I'm a huge Nirvana fan, and not at all a 30 Seconds To Mars fan, but I don't really see why you'd be offended. Someone who obviously respects Kurt (read the description on the video) is doing his best to pay tribute to him. It's in his honor, and I in no way understand how that's insulting.
Quote by Tom 1.0
They were hardly a cult act before Nevermind.

Bleach only sold 40,000 copies when it was on Sub Pop. That's hardly a super successful record. Nirvana left Sub Pop BECAUSE they didn't like their album wasn't getting out and hardly promoted.
Quote by blackborrego
Now THIS is disrespectful and hideous and disgusting and etc...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8jg5pjvwjw

Or the video of RHCP where they're mimicking the Nirvana Unplugged session. I can't remember which one it was. Danny California or Snow or something.. I dunno. I don't listen to RHCP. It's pretty obvious that people only have an issue with this because it's Jared Leto.
Quote by vintage x metal

30STM used to be good, never really liked Leto as a personality...but who cares. I can appreciate what he's done here, and if you can't then you really are shoved so far up your ass your head is back where it should be. He's not taking the piss, he's not making jokes, he's not parodying Kurt in anyway...it's his take as an actor, musician and artist on one of his inspirations.
Quote by jmonko
TS, why does this piss you off?

Im not sure. It just kinda did, He obviously nailed it and it was cool, but I dont know. I guess I dont really like Leto and didnt think he was "worthy" of being that good
you're a stone fox
Nirvana is my favorite band, but anyone who thinks this is disrespectful is an elitist asshole who needs to get off their high horse. Jared Leto is a good actor and singer (I like 30STM, although their newer album could have been better), and he was paying respect to Kurt. I thought he did a damn fine job.
Quote by Saint78
Im not sure. It just kinda did, He obviously nailed it and it was cool, but I dont know. I guess I dont really like Leto and didnt think he was "worthy" of being that good

You are proving your user title to be true. Why should it matter if you like him or not, you said it yourself he did a good job, and that is all that matters.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Last edited by Gibson_SG_uzr55 at Apr 7, 2011,
I wouldn't say it's disrespectful, just kinda stupid. That goes for all impersonations. Tributes are cool, but when you start trying to be the person, I just don't get it.
PagEDIT: Sure he did it well, and I'm no fan of his. But he did what well, trying to be someone else? That's why I don't care all that much for it.
Last edited by IommiPage at Apr 7, 2011,
Quote by IommiPage
I wouldn't say it's disrespectful, just kinda stupid. That goes for all impersonations. Tributes are cool, but when you start trying to be the person, I just don't get it.

This is exactly what I was trying to say but being 13 I fucked it up.
you're a stone fox
Quote by mulefish
Why is it disrespectful?

This. Anyone who finds it disrespectful can just **** off.
I thought he did pretty well, he even flipped the camera angle so he seemed left handed (Unless he actually i left handed.)

Quote by IommiPage
PagEDIT: Sure he did it well, and I'm no fan of his. But he did what well, trying to be someone else? That's why I don't care all that much for it.

The thing is, he is an actor. It's his job. No one criticizes Jamie Fox for impersonating Ray Charles, or Joaquin Phoenix for impersonating Johnny Cash. I mean, it's not like he's doing the Seether thing where he's actually trying to be Kurt Cobain. His music sounds nothing like Kurt's.

No one got upset about the Last Days movie, either.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
The thing is, he is an actor. It's his job. No one criticizes Jamie Fox for impersonating Ray Charles, or Joaquin Phoenix for impersonating Johnny Cash. I mean, it's not like he's doing the Seether thing where he's actually trying to be Kurt Cobain. His music sounds nothing like Kurt's.

Is that what the biopic is all about? Leto's playing Kurt in a movie? In that case, I see no problem. I thought he was acting like Kurt and calling it a "tribute", in which case, might be pretty stupid, but if he's just playing his role, I guess that's fine. Is the video just a preview of the upcoming movie?
Page 1 of 2