Why doesn't the recording section of this site like them? I only record little riffs and idea right now, but they sound fine to me and are great for music too. I assume they'd do fine too if I ever get around to recording drums/vox/a band.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I've never heard of them, but I just looked them up...

They seem fine, where are your sources that say they suck.

When I finish mastering, I like to play my mixes on a variety on sound systems, just to get a incite on how it will sound in different sound environments.
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
by _0's i mean the 20's, 30's and 40's. I know the 20's are meant mostly for computer/gaming audio. Sure I don't mix yet, but these are great tone wise and were cheap, which is great for a 16 year old without a job.
I have never heard of these before, and I searched UG for anything on these and came up with nothing...
But I did do some research.
These speakers are meant for listening to music or your gunshots in a video game.
Not recording. The AV40's may look like studio monitors, but they are not. The AV20's just look like a standard PC speaker.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by nowa90
Why doesn't the recording section of this site like them? I only record little riffs and idea right now, but they sound fine to me and are great for music too. I assume they'd do fine too if I ever get around to recording drums/vox/a band.

Never used them before to judge, but the bolded bit is probably why. Monitors shouldn't colour music to sound 'great', they should be clear, open and show up the places a mix falls down.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
As one who owns the AV30s, I can tell you exactly why they are a piece of shit compared to most monitors that are a little bit more money:

1. They're very muddy sounding in the midrange.

2. They're not very flat. There is practically no low end in them and theres way too much high

3. Everything I've listened to in the $200-$300 price range which would be comparable to it just sound miles better. The KRKs, The M-Audio BX_A's and hell, even the Mackie line sounds miles better.

They're just overpriced bookshelf speakers that look like monitors which is why people who are starting out or low on cash buy em. I got mine cuz I saw them, had a $50 Best Buy gift card and decided "Well, its better than headphones". Which I will agree its headphones but its not a long term solution.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I guess so, but they do me well for listening to tunes and just playback from riffs I record quickly in Reaper. If I get serious, I'll get a new interface (just a fast track now) then probably KRK's or something.