Hi all, Newb to the forum with a question about practice amps....sure this question has been asked a hundred times. What is the best practice amp for a home musician? I like Rock, Country, Blues and need a good practice amp. Looking into the Peavey Vypyr 30, Fender Mustang 2, Roland Cube 40XL... Others. Want something that sounds decent without spending alot of money... Go with a modeling (electronic) or only look at tubes? Not sure what options I'll need or want and was hoping some more experienced musicians could help out with what they like /prefer..
Thanks!
The Peavey Vyprs are very good for the price point, What's your budget? If you can afford it, a Blues junior might fit the bill.
budget?
new or used?

but from the list you gave, somewhere between the peavey and roland will give you the versatility. but there are some good tube options depending on your budget
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Yes, I got interested in the Peavey Delta Blues 210 but at about $600 bucks not sure I want to spend that much for a home system..Some of the new stuff is so versatile. Hook up to the computer, loop your own tracks, USB ports....Just don't know what options are needed/wanted probably looking at the 150-300 price range..
Do yourself a favor and check out the Fender Mustang III. I had one but I wasnt happy with the high gain tones so I took it back. However,it would be perfect for your music choices. I really think this amp is geared toward blues and the "cleaner" settings. The Fue software is pretty awesome as well. Put it on your short list, for 299.00 I think its tough to beat.
Thanks for the input.. I will have to do a search on that Vox 15R don't know much about them...Probably try to get out to the Guitar Center and try a few out this weekend... Don't like to play in front of crowds in a store if you know what I mean.
That's why Looking for the input...Anyway the Blues Jr..I would love or the Peavey Delta Blues 210 I'm guessing they would be similar and love the tone...
With the new modeling amps I just wondered if certain ones had cooler options that's hard to live without and unless a person does a lot of research up front it would be hard to know about...That's why looking at Vypyr and the Mustang.... Any other ideas or suggestions?
Yea i know how you feel...i dont like testing amps at guitar center either every kid in there starts playing like its some big competition..for a practice amp I would look into a vox vt+ i like them alot.
You may want to have a look at a Laney Cub 10 or Cub 12 too. The Cub 10 is more Fenderish than the 12. If you want a Marshally sorta sound I'd go for the 12. Both are rather loud when you crank them.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
My favourite valve practice amps are The Blackstar HT-5 and the Orange AD5. They're both great little 5W amps. Nice and simple, so if you need effects you'll need some pedals, but great tone for the bedroom without blasting anyones eardrums.

They both go great in the studio too, or even at a gig with a decent sized PA.
Quote by K_Log
Thanks for the input.. I will have to do a search on that Vox 15R don't know much about them...Probably try to get out to the Guitar Center and try a few out this weekend... Don't like to play in front of crowds in a store if you know what I mean.
That's why Looking for the input...Anyway the Blues Jr..I would love or the Peavey Delta Blues 210 I'm guessing they would be similar and love the tone...
With the new modeling amps I just wondered if certain ones had cooler options that's hard to live without and unless a person does a lot of research up front it would be hard to know about...That's why looking at Vypyr and the Mustang.... Any other ideas or suggestions?

Actually the Delta Blues and the Fender Blues Junior sound VERY different. One's got two 10-inch speakers, 30w and the other a single 12-inch and is only 15w . I would recommend the DB only if you were regularly gigging, I own the single 15' version, and at less than halfway I can get the light fixtures shaking. The Blues Junior wil be able to get better tone at lower volumes.