I have a 5 watt Bugera amp that sounds surprisingly good, but it has a cheap 8" speaker that I think is really holding it back.

I want to build a cab for it that will keep the dirty, saturated tube sound but sound beefier then it does now, and also build a head cabinet to put the chassis into.

Any tips on speakers?
12" vs 10"?
Am I cocky in assuming I can do this project? I have some woodworking experience, access to a woodshop, and some knowledge of electronics.
Do you think it will be worth the time and money?
Which Bugera is it?

In the V5 model at least, many people have just dropped a 10" speaker right in without any modifications, and they often get a huge boost in the sound.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Yes the V5. In looking at it, recutting the cabinet for a 10" might be able to be done but it would be a tight squeeze. The speaker's ring would basically be touching all 4 sides of the front panel, and I would have to cut an arc in one of the cabinet's metal braces for it to fit...
Huh, I could have sworn that I read a 10" will pop right in. I'll see if I can find anything else about it.

Either way, a 10" speaker or two would be a sweet deal with this amp. Small, but it'll still get a whole lot louder.

EDIT: I've heard Jensen 8-10" speakers sound great in it.

http://www.usspeaker.com/jensen%20index-1.htm
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5