I have ridiculously bad memory. Every day I walk around the house aimlessly without even realizing. It starts because I go to get something or whatever, but then forget what it is and just keep walking around like a mindless zombie. I can barely remember anything from my childhood, and I honestly couldn't tell you what I did just yesterday. I always do stupid stuff like put the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the pantry. I can't remember important things, names, faces, etc. Sometimes I will stare blankly at something without blinking for a while until I snap out of it or someone "wakes me up." Also, sometimes when someone tells me something I comprehend it but then a second later I completely forget and have to ask them to repeat themselves.

I usually just write it off as nothing or look back on it and think it's hilarious, but I'm beginning to worry. Not to mention it makes everyone angry. I'm only 19 years old so I would think my memory should be much better than this, so I'm wondering if any of you do any of this.
Are you 80 years old TS?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I have ridiculously bad memory. Every day I walk around the house aimlessly without even realizing. It starts because I go to get something or whatever, but then forget what it is and just keep walking around like a mindless zombie. I can barely remember anything from my childhood, and I honestly couldn't tell you what I did just yesterday. I always do stupid stuff like put the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the pantry. I can't remember important things, names, faces, etc. Sometimes I will stare blankly at something without blinking for a while until I snap out of it or someone "wakes me up." Also, sometimes when someone tells me something I comprehend it but then a second later I completely forget and have to ask them to repeat themselves.

I usually just write it off as nothing or look back on it and think it's hilarious, but I'm beginning to worry. Not to mention it makes everyone angry. I'm only 19 years old so I would think my memory should be much better than this, so I'm wondering if any of you do any of this.

Are you 80 years old TS?

Did you tl;dr?

It means you only have half a brain.

I'm sorry.

I said it means you only have half a brain.

I've got the same thing going on. I went to the doctor a few months ago and found out that it's from my messed up sleep pattern due to my narcolepsy. I've been on some medication (Nuvigil), and it's a drastic improvement. I still blank from time to time, but I've been much better recently

EDIT: Even if you don't do the "passing out" thing (I don't either), it's still narcolepsy. Your zoning out is your brain trying to catch up on the sleep you missed the night before. Other things you might have noticed are cataplexy (you get really fatigued after emotional highs or lows) and being exhausted during the day.

Haha you ass

@hippogasmo Alright, so I'm not crazy. Sweet.

im surprised you could remember what you were typing and then remember to post it.

i stare blankly at walls alot but my memory is quite good.
Last edited by goest at Apr 8, 2011,
I've got the same thing going on. I went to the doctor a few months ago and found out that it's from my messed up sleep pattern due to my narcolepsy. I've been on some medication (Nuvigil), and it's a drastic improvement. I still blank from time to time, but I've been much better recently.

EDIT: Even if you don't do the "passing out" thing (I don't either), it's still narcolepsy. Your zoning out is your brain trying to catch up on the sleep you missed the night before. Other things you might have noticed are cataplexy (you get really fatigued after emotional highs or lows) and being exhausted during the day.
Quote by Lots O' FX
There's a guy named, I shit you not, Hunter Goldhammer. I have never met him, I only heard his name over the PA, but I assume he's a dwarf paladin.

Quote by skwelcher
I'm like the real life version of the socially awkward penguin.
Last edited by hippogasmo at Apr 8, 2011,
Quote by sam b
It means you only have half a brain.

I'm sorry.

I said it means you only have half a brain.

Haha you ass

@hippogasmo Alright, so I'm not crazy. Sweet.
Dropped as a child, maybe? It's ok, I was too. But my dad caught me on the 2nd bounce
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by blizzboy
Dropped as a child, maybe? It's ok, I was too. But my dad caught me on the 2nd bounce

Nope, not that I know of. I used to have pretty good memory. It's been crap lately.
Now seriously, any of your parents had memory problems when they were young?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by space aids
Never done drugs, only drink on special occasions.

start drinking and doing drugs.

you'll forget all about having a bad memory.
I'm 19, have terribly shitty short-term memory, and when I talk, my mind can't seem to think of the right words quickly enough, so I pause a lot, which makes me (and I'm sure many others) think I'm a fucking retard. If I really concentrate on talking, I can make it fluent like a fucking stream, but I usually forget to do that.

Maybe I should just murder myself.
Quote by 'Leviathan'

here, you'll need this...

Quote by 'Leviathan'
I'm 19, have terribly shitty short-term memory, and when I talk, my mind can't seem to think of the right words quickly enough, so I pause a lot, which makes me (and I'm sure many others) think I'm a fucking retard. If I really concentrate on talking, I can make it fluent like a fucking stream, but I usually forget to do that.

Aw man I do the same thing. It's terrible when you're trying to tell a joke, it could be the funniest joke ever but all the pausing ruins it.
same shit with me ive had ridiculously bad memory since i stopped smoking weed.
i used to smoke like 3-4 times a day when i was riding bmx then i just stopped, then started playing guitar. weird, i bet if i started smoking again my memory would come back
TS, are you a goldfish?
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Dude I have the same exact thing! And I'm only 17

I smoke a lot, and I think that might be the problem, but even when I don't smoke I'm like this and I've been like this for as long as I can remember. I'm also almost always tired, especially in school. Am I narcoleptic?
Quote by 'Leviathan'

The analogy of the brain as a muscle is correct IMO, practice, really try to make sure you remember things. Brain training is kind of important for those without mentally stimulating things in their lives!

EDIT:
Quote by The Shroom420
Dude I have the same exact thing! And I'm only 17

I smoke a lot, and I think that might be the problem, but even when I don't smoke I'm like this and I've been like this for as long as I can remember. I'm also almost always tired, especially in school. Am I narcoleptic?

If you're talking about smoking tobacco that should actually increase your short term memory... If you're talking about pot then you're not using your mind enough.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Last edited by fortysix&2 at Apr 8, 2011,
Quote by space aids

Do you toke on the Ganja?
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
It's 288, why is everyone so stupid? Once you add inside the parentheses you get 48/2(12). The 2(12)--just plain old multiplication--doesn't magically obtain a higher priority than the 48/2 just because of the notation used.

Has anyone mentioned centipedes?
It's about awareness and the ability to notice and absorb information, nothing physically wrong with you, perhaps you stare at a screen too long.. There are some exercises that can help you stimulate the visuospatial processing and the ability to absorb information and store it..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
I once convinced my head teacher I had amnesia, and for the only year I had her teaching me, she never once asked me a question in class or criticized my work.
Roosevelt was a fuciking aweoms e president

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I have an awful AWFUL memory.
Found out I have a b12 deficiency and its partially to blame. I just zone out all the time.
Much better now that I'm getting b12 shots though, so maybe you have a vitamin deficiency or something
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Studies show that constantly telling yourself you have a bad memory might impair your memory further.

So don't.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Are you 80 years old TS?

He probably genuinely is. He thinks he's 19 but his memory's so bad he's fogotten just how old he is.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.