Planning to head to a guitar shop tomorrow. I don't have any money, so it's mainly to try out acoustics and chat with a tech about pickups, both of which I plan to buy there in the future once I have money again. Anyway, I like my Carvin, but the pickups aren't quite what I want - They're not articulate enough or pack enough punch(I know it's odd to say something's not articulate enough then say it's not fat enough, but I know what I've heard, and I know what I'm looking for, and I know it's possible), and while I know a lot of it has to do with the construction and woods as well, it should not be as far behind the sustain of a good Les Paul as it is compared to here starting at 9:46(20 fucking seconds of a single note! Bent, too!)

Since the amp and pedals all like my other guitars, I'm pretty sure it's the Carvin, and since other hardtail mahogany guitars don't give it problems, I'm pretty sure it's the pickups. So, I'm looking into a new set of humbuckers. I'm thinking of either getting a Gibson Burstbucker 3 bridge and '57 classic neck(Which were the pickups in the Les Paul I loved but couldn't afford), or a DiMarzio Norton in the bridge and a Humbucker From Hell in the neck(Which someone on here suggested my woes), but I figured I'd ask GG&A if you guys had any suggestions?

Please keep it to store-bought brands - I love a god set of boutique pickups as much as the next guy, but I'm already broke, I can't afford them. :P
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Are any of the BareKnuckle models available in stores near you?
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
Are any of the BareKnuckle models available in stores near you?

None whatsoever.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Maybe consider the Seymore Duncan Pearly Gates. Also the Alnico Pro IIs have a good amount of sustain - although I have only tried them when they've been retro fitted into a an LP and a friend has one in the bridge of an Epiphone V.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
the norton/humbucker from hell is awesome. I've used it before and loved it.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I was looking at a humbucker from hell(looking for new neck pickup) recently all the reviews I found and people I talked to said it was very very clear and bright so I'm not sure how much sustain you can get out of it. However If you can find any good sound clips of it let me know because they are hard to find. Currently looking into a Dimarizo Liquifire which looks to be pretty sweet so it's wait and see for me.
If you can afford a Burstbucker then you can afford a Duncan Seth Lover or Antiquity. I would go for a Duncan Antiquity 11 times out of 10 over a Burstbucker.