After some deliberation with my dad, I've set on getting a new guitar rather than getting a used on online.
So I went to Samuel Ashers today, and played the H351FR. They didn't have a lot of Schecters, so I couldn't try any of those. It was pretty sweet, but the one they had on the wall was missing the high e string, which probably explains why the bridge was slanted and frets were buzzy. Also there wasn't a floyd rosing stick, so I couldn't really use it anyways. Should've tried the not floyd rose bridge model. Then I dangerously drove to Guitar Center in the rain. Too bad they didn't have any of the guitars I was considering. There was also another guy in the store that smelled funny .

I'm either going to get the H351FR at Samus Ashens, or buy a similar one, M350FR or Hellraiser C1 FR special online. However I herd if you have enough skill points in charm you can get a free case and stuff from stores. Does anyone know how I can use my kawaii-ness to coax the employees at Samantha Ashkins to give me a free case along with my purchase?
Well be prepared for some back room favors, if you catch my drift

EDIT: or do what I do and act like your doing them a favor by buying the guitar and maybe they should sweeten the deal alittle but don't try to get free stuff and get them to drop the price or you'll just look greedy
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Apr 8, 2011,
well to be honest they sound unprofessional as hell. i work in a music store myself ne guitar missing a string and set up like hell i just wouldnt buy it from that reason myself. however best thing to do to get free stuff is to point out the stuff thats wrong and just go im really interested can you throw in case and ill take it today chances are they will
Quote by CavemanJB
yeah don't call it a "floyd rosing stick" and they'll hook you up.

HA yea don't do that
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Good luck. I'm a pretty good haggler normally, but GC and SA rarely throw anything in for free. I had to pitch a fit once just to get a free set of strings at Guitar Center, and I had just bought a $700 guitar!
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
I only shopped at GC once (I live in Scotland), and managed to get a few dollars off tag price of the PRS pickups I was buying, so I think if youre a guitar, you should at least get a case cheap.

Theres no point pussyfooting around, get in there with an "I want the guitar, but I need a case too, what deal can you do me on both?" I haggle over just about everything I buy, and 90% of stores will entertain it to some degree.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
Is there anyway I should act? Should I act like I'm too good for them, and I have other options. Or should I act like a poor orphan who starved for weeks to buy the guitar? Should I wear makeup?
I've always found that I get a better response when I'm nice instead of being a jerk.

You don't have to play the "poor starving orphan" routine (because really, they don't care about your problems). But you don't have to be a jerk about it either. Just go in there and tell them what you want, and what you want to spend, and ask them what kind of deal they can make you.

Be firm about what you want but not in an arrogant way. They'll just ignore you if you're being a dick about the whole thing. Be ready to haggle too. If they don't accept your offer then you don't have to accept theirs. Find something in the middle.

Also, make sure you're not asking for anything unreasonable. They're going to sell the guitar to someone else if you don't buy it. If you start asking for anything ridiculous they're not going to take you seriously.

EDIT: be flexible and willing to work with them too. When I bought my Strat I had a limited budget. I told them what I wanted and the maximum I could spend. They weren't sure if they could do it, so I told them to keep the gig bag that the Strat was supposed to come with and just sell me the guitar. That was enough "give" on my part that they were willing to adjust the price to fit in my budget (even though the price difference was more than the gig bag was worth).
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Last edited by 57Goldtop at Apr 8, 2011,
honestly be genuine and honest. if walk in a be a jerk i know myself i wouldnt discount you at all. be straight up, say you have a limited budget i really want this guitar but i need a case wat can you do on a case for me they are usually quite flexiable
It all depends on what you buy, if it is a guitar that has been in the store for a while - easy. If it is new, or you have to order it - hard. It has already been said - clearly state what you want, and what you are willing to pay for it (a bit under what you really are prepared to pay so you can meet somewhere in the middle). Be nice.

Good luck.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Apr 11, 2011,