Hello fellow bassists, in my recent decision to buy a new bass...
i have also decided a new amp is neccesary before i do so !
So here's the deal, prodominantly an ampeg... 1000 dollar limit... prefer not to get a combo.... and i play anything but metal!
Dazzle me! other reccomendations also!
BB.King +Freddie King+Albert King=three kings of blues!!
Dado23 Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
bassbassbassbassbassbassbassbass
Go to your local shop and play as many as you can . Don't buy just for the name.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
yeah I have, i enjoy the sound of the ampegs... just wondering if there is anything similar tone wise that i haven't heard yet.
Dado23 Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Quote by roaddawg07
Go to your local shop and play as many as you can . Don't buy just for the name.

This. No matter what anyone recommends, you need to try out a bunch. I'm an Ampeg user, but that's after I tried out a bunch of others.
Thanks for the help fellas!
I played an Ampeg SVT 3 pro and I have to say it is the best sound I've heard in a while. Liked it so much I decided to get one soon. You can find em used for around 400. As for a cab, I'll let others suggest because I'm still confused as what to get (Cab-wise) also.
Ampeg makes their amps in China as of recently, which I don't like. I would suggest:

EBS, Carvin, Glockenklang..

I own the Carvin Neo 4x10 cab and it rips!
I heartily recommend an Orange Terror Bass 500 running through an SP410 cab. The cab is one of the most solid things I have ever seen/dropped, and the head gives you some of the best value for money out there.

Also, they're small and don't take up lots of room in the car/bus, therefore, excellent for touring.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.