Hey dudes...

I have a Laney VH100R and I'm testing out a TC Electronic G-Major 2 with it at the moment. It seems to work alright, except for one little thing- When I have it on the high-gain channel the effects work fine until I engage the drive. Then the signal is totally dry once more.

Anyone know why this happens?
Just had a quick read over the manual, you should be using the Insert Send & Return jacks, with the switch set to Insert mode.
That should work AFAIK.
^That's what I do... It works on all settings, except when I click on the drive on the B channel.
you should have a 'master' send and return for both channels plus a a separate one for each.
Forget what they're all called but it sounds like you are using the clean channel loop only.

Edit: think it's called the 'Global' loop.
Jackson DK2M
Jackson DKMG (81/85)
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960a
Boss GT-8 4cm
Last edited by jonnobright at Apr 8, 2011,
Quote by jonnobright
you should have a 'master' send and return for both channels plus a a separate one for each.
Forget what they're all called but it sounds like you are using the clean channel loop only.

Edit: think it's called the 'Global' loop.

I know, that's what I'm doing.
then your amp is broken? *roll eyes*

You posted a question, people try to answer and you get offended that they try to help. If you really know what you are doing, sounds like you wouldnt have this problem
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
^ This. If you were, indeed, doing everything perfectly then the only possible explanation is that it's ****ed.

We can't help you with that, so why bother us?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Bloodshed
then your amp is broken? *roll eyes*

You posted a question, people try to answer and you get offended that they try to help. If you really know what you are doing, sounds like you wouldnt have this problem

Where do you see the slightest clue that I got offended? This thread has had nothing but neutral language until you came in...

And you, bubb- "Why bother us?"... Seriously? This is your sanctuary from where you draw all your zen? One question that you can't answer interrupts your serene peace of mind? Noone forces you to actually do something here, so why do you allow yourself to get bothered?

Where I hang out the most (GB&C) people are allowed as many questions as they want to ask, without fear that the haggard old hermits will yell at them for disturbing the humdrum. Because we know that the way forums usually work best is vie the formula of 1) ask question(s) and 2) receive answers, or at least suggestions.

Maybe I should have been more clear, so here it is: I am not a nine year old kid who can't figure out what the manual is for. I even know where to find them online if they didn't come with whichever peace of gear I'm troubleshooting. I have read the manual for both my Laney and the G-Major 2. And no, the answer wasn't in there.

I know you all don't care, but I eventually found out what the problem was. It wasn't in the way I had hooked it up or the way I set up my amp, but rather in the finicky settings of the G-Major 2, in which the effect on a high-gain sound has to be mixed in at a much higher wet/dry ratio for reasons unknown. Had to go over 34% to be able to hear anything.

So thanks to Phil and Jonno, you guys are alright. Apologies to Bloodshed and Bubb for yanking them out of their comfort zones.
Hmm, thats interesting. I've never had any such problems with my G-Major, most of my effects are set on about 15% mix and they work perfectly.
Maybe its just a problem with the GM2. Glad to hear you sorted it though.
^Yeah, I was pretty surprised too... Good thing I've got my channel/drive switching set up good for it so I can make specific presets for the high-gain stuff.
Why apologize?

You're the one that came off looking like an idiot. I just came off looking like an asshole, but I always do, hence the user title.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Why apologize?

You're the one that came off looking like an idiot. I just came off looking like an asshole, but I always do, hence the user title.
I fail to see how he came off looking like an idiot. He was trying to troubleshoot a legitimate problem and instead of offering any useful help, you guys went straight to the assumption that his amp was ****ed, when in reality, there were obviously other factors that came into play. I'm sure it would've been a bit of a pain in his ass had he listened to your input and opted to take the amp to a tech.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.