Hey all.

Aight, I'm having reccurent issues with my guitar and I want to know what the shit is wrong with it once and for all.

I'll start simple; the b string (and ONLY the b string) vibrates like it has fret buzz - what is going on here & how 2 fix?
EDIT: The buzzing starts at the 2nd fret and ends at the 14th, so its not the nut, what else could it be?

Second: My high e string won't go in tune, I try to intonate it, and no matter what I do, it stays sharp. I've even wound the bridge saddle all the way to either ends of the screw - it stays sharp.

Third... not so much an issue, just something I'm scared will get worse - My low e machine head, when it has no tension on it it winds really really fast, like the gears aren't even connecting, yet when it has tension on it, it seems pretty solid and is hard(ish) to wind. What is happening here & how to fix???!

Please help me find what's wrong, or what to fix on it. Its turning me off playing my guitar D:

Thanks in advance guys (and girls).
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Last edited by Nimbus456 at Apr 8, 2011,
Quote by Nimbus456
Hey all.

Aight, I'm having reccurent issues with my guitar and I want to know what the shit is wrong with it once and for all.

I'll start simple; the b string (and ONLY the b string) vibrates like it has fret buzz - what is going on here & how 2 fix?

Second: My high e string won't go in tune, I try to intonate it, and no matter what I do, it stays sharp. I've even wound the bridge saddle all the way to either ends of the screw - it stays sharp.

Third... not so much an issue, just something I'm scared will get worse - My low e machine head, when it has no tension on it it winds really really fast, like the gears aren't even connecting, yet when it has tension on it, it seems pretty solid and is hard(ish) to wind. What is happening here & how to fix???!

Please help me find what's wrong, or what to fix on it. Its turning me off playing my guitar D:

Thanks in advance guys (and girls).

the b string, like it has buzz or because it has buzz? is it "sitar" ing?

the high e should intonate towards the forward position, nearest the bridge pup. not all the way, but close. unless that guitar has an earvana nut. does it?

it sounds like that tuner may be loose, can you tighten it up at the peg or no screw? if not, replace said tuner. actually a good set of tuners goes a long way, consider replacing all of them.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The b string, its kinda like a sitar sound, fret buzz. The neck is really well adjusted, and adjusting the action doesn't seem to help.

The e string doesn't intonate no matter how much I screw it, in either direction.

Do you mean a screw on the end of the peg, kind of like the urethra in a dick? If so, yes. it has a screw there.
Gear:

Quote by Nimbus456
The b string, its kinda like a sitar sound, fret buzz. The neck is really well adjusted, and adjusting the action doesn't seem to help.

The e string doesn't intonate no matter how much I screw it, in either direction.

Do you mean a screw on the end of the peg, kind of like the urethra in a dick? If so, yes. it has a screw there.

the b string is likely a burr on the saddle or in the nut. probably the bridge.

if the e string is still sharp, all the way back (so the string is as long as possible between nut and saddle) then you may need to adjust the truss rod.

tighten that screw a bit if possible.
Aight, I'll file it a little now, and as soon as I get an allan key, will try adjusting the neck.

EDIT: Filed into the saddle a little, NOW it sounds like a sitar, pretty awesome sounding tbh. Although I would rather not have it there. ololol.
Gear:

Last edited by Nimbus456 at Apr 8, 2011,
What kind of bridge is on the guitar? (I'm not familiar with schecters)
Moving on.....
Its a TOM, hard-tail.
Gear:

i didn't say to file anything, just locate the burr.

don't mess with the truss rod if you don't know what you are doing.

if in doubt, see saddle results.