Page 1 of 2
I know that there are some true thinkers in the Pit, so I thought I'd post this. Essentially, scientists have successfully grown a live heart in the lab, from stem cells. So, opinoins?
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Last edited by CPDmusic at Apr 8, 2011,
Pretty damn awesome. Hopefully this will shut up anyone against stem cell research, but I just know it won't.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yay.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I swear I've seen a video of something like this, but they used a pig's heart as a scaffold (all the living cells were removed), but best of all, they showed what it acts like when beating with a small electric shock.

Technology is amazing these days.
Here's the easy, DIY process if you want to try it youself

This is abominable!

Stem cells are taken from human fetuses, who are already living things. God has already given them a soul, and harvesting their bodies is the sacriligeous. And obviously the people who have heart disease have been chosen from God to be with him soon. They need to accept their fate and stop destroying the lives of innocent children to save their own and defy God's will!
Quote by Kensai
Pretty damn awesome. Hopefully this will shut up anyone against stem cell research, but I just know it won't.

This.

There was kidneys a few weeks ago, now a live beating heart? Soon we'll be building and utilising and entire working body, and people would rather just die up on their moral high horse.
Quote by CoreysMonster
This is abominable!

Stem cells are taken from human fetuses, who are already living things. God has already given them a soul, and harvesting their bodies is the sacriligeous. And obviously the people who have heart disease have been chosen from God to be with him soon. They need to accept their fate and stop destroying the lives of innocent children to save their own and defy God's will!

oh u.jpg
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by CoreysMonster
This is abominable!

For real though, this is the devil's work, they should use fetuses born out of wedlock for this.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
This.

There was kidneys a few weeks ago, now a live beating heart? Soon we'll be building and utilising and entire working body, and people would rather just die up on their moral high horse.

A beating heart isn't that much of a hassle, if you have the tissue it's pretty easy because if one cell contracts the other cells immediately follow because all the cells are very closely connected (with muscle filaments, but that's detail). Other organs (brains...) are incredibly complex and almost not entirely artificially producable.
Also, I know this probably wasn't meant to be serious, but still I thought I'd share my 2 cents
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Last edited by poipoi at Apr 8, 2011,
Quick question, if they succeed doing this with hearts, how high are the chances this'll work with other organs?
Quote by CoreysMonster
Quick question, if they succeed doing this with hearts, how high are the chances this'll work with other organs?

I'm not a researcher but I'm going out on a limb and guessing "very high".
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by CoreysMonster

For most organs, pretty high. However, like someone above said, an organ like the human brain would be bitch to make.

Quote by fortysix&2

For real though, this is the devil's work, they should use fetuses born out of wedlock for this.

If only I was still a fetus, I might be useful
Quote by CPDmusic
For most organs, pretty high. However, like someone above said, an organ like the human brain would be bitch to make.

Sheesh, imagine the shitstorm that would hit when they actually create artificial brains.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Sheesh, imagine the shitstorm that would hit when they actually create artificial brains.

Once they create a "custom human brain", the human race is pretty much useless.

There are alot of people with issues surrounding stem cells but you wait till they need a heart, they will soon want it.
Quote by CPDmusic

yeah I'd think that if a heart is possible then any other human organ short of a brain would be too. I could just be talking out of my arse though. At the end of the day, the heart is a pretty simple lump of muscles.
Quote by Kensai

Considering stem cells are being used to aid recovery in ALS, and it's also cured Sickle Cell Anemia in mice..

...More research is better. Although, it's really the "big" thing at the moment. I see articles from Jacob Hanna and a few others, and frankly, the work they do is amazing. It's not like they're completely ignoring the consequences either.
Quote by Dan_5893
Hello cure for death.

I think a cure for death would suck. I don't want to die unaturally, but I don't want to live forever. Eventually I'd just be a lump

Quote by CPDmusic
I know that there are some true thinkers in the Pit, so I thought I'd post this. Essentially, scientists have successfully grown a live heart in the lab, from stem cells. So, opinoins?

lol
A man made heart that works? Sweet. I know some people so Stem Cell research is bad and others disagree (I myself don't know what side of the fence I am on) but this is pretty freakin sweet.

A manufactured human brain would be one of the two things A) awesome and functional or B) Worthless and ineffective.
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Ah this is brilliant! **** ethics!
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by djentman
+1
Thanks for caring.

No problem brother, I've had it with all these scientists folks trying to be all sciency and shit...

Remember people, I fucking called it!
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by CPDmusic
Once they create a "custom human brain", the human race is pretty much useless.

It's been done .
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Hurray for boobies!.....I mean science!

Awesome, scientific advancement is the best thing in the world. Sod the 'ethics' and 'morals'. This research is life saving and could bring around any number of exciting and interesting projects.
Quote by steee21
I think it's trickier to do it with a heart that other organs.

Why? It only beats. The rest of the organs are more more complex.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2